Unable to Edit or Delete symbol using IB_Plugin's Dictionary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Edit or Delete symbol using IB_Plugin's Dictionary

After adding a symbol using the symbol Dictionary facility of the IB-Plugin the only way to modify or delete the eSignal-to-IB symbol entry is the Edit and Delete option of the Dictionary facility.

No action is taken by the application when either the Edit or Delete icon is selected and there is no way to change the entry.

Both myself and ziggy are having the same problem, would appreciate any assistance.

Thank You,

Glen
    Glen Demarco
    [email protected]

Re: Unable to Edit or Delete symbol using IB_Plugin's Dictionary

Hi Glen,

Thanks for your post.
    If you select the desired symbol first by highlighting it (its row should turn blue), then click the red box with the "X", the symbol association between eSignal and IB will be deleted.
    Would you please try that and let me know the results.

Thanks in advance!

Brent

Originally posted by demarcog
    After adding a symbol using the symbol Dictionary facility of the IB-Plugin the only way to modify or delete the eSignal-to-IB symbol entry is the Edit and Delete option of the Dictionary facility.

No action is taken by the application when either the Edit or Delete icon is selected and there is no way to change the entry.

Both myself and ziggy are having the same problem, would appreciate any assistance.

Thank You,

Glen

Comment

that is the problem - nothing happens when I clicked on the X icon for deletion- nor does anything happens when I clicked on the Edit Button...

Comment

Originally posted by z11
        that is the problem - nothing happens when I clicked on the X icon for deletion- nor does anything happens when I clicked on the Edit Button...
        Hi z11,

Thank you for your post.

Please view the following video which demonstrates how to remove previously established symbol associations between eSignal and Interactive Brokers (using IB trading interface version 1.2.959.961)
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxIs5bYivQw

Let me know if you're not able to produce the same results.

Many thanks,

Brent
        Integrated Trading Product Management
        [email protected]

Comment

Watched the video ... which confirmed what I was doing is what supposed to be done - the only problem is that does not work (has not worked since I installed the plug-in).

Pls advise.

Comment

Re: Re: Unable to Edit or Delete symbol using IB_Plugin's Dictionary

Originally posted by eSignal_Brent
            Hi Glen,

Thanks for your post.
            If you select the desired symbol first by highlighting it (its row should turn blue), then click the red box with the "X", the symbol association between eSignal and IB will be deleted.
            Would you please try that and let me know the results.

Thanks in advance!

Brent
            Hi Brent,

Thanks very much for looking into this. I'm attaching an image of the screen at it appears when I try to edit or delete the symbol.

The application interface to "edit" and "delete" seems weel designed and simple enough although it's possible I'm not doing something incorrectly (wouldn't be the first time!) .

Don't know if it will help but here is a screen shot of the interface that I'm seeing. When the windows cursor is moved to either the edit or delete icons, the arrow pointer changes to a hand and repsective text is displayed on the screen, either "Edit symbol" or "Delete Symbol" indicating the application is alive and well, not terminating or not looping but just doesn't respond to the left button click, double click.

If there is anything else you need let me know, I was away for a few days or would have responded sooner.

I really appreciate your assistance, thanks very much.

Glen
            Attached Files
            Glen Demarco
            [email protected]

Comment

Please, download new version and let me know if the problem still exists.
              http://esignal.ru/quotetrader/quotetrader.957.exe

Comment

Working...
              X