Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO vOLUME

Hi,

I dont seem to get the total market volume for the session,it says "n/a",am i supposed to see that,also there is no total bids or asks,i suppose that is not suppose to to be shown?

thanks

Hi Salo07,
    Thanks for the post, can you be more specific as to what you're talking about. Are you not getting market volume on a certain instrument (if so can you provide symbols) or just the index $TVOL which a total volume index for the $INDU.

Second, when you say total bid and ask, is this on a particular instrument? Can you give me more details as to what you're trying to do and in what applications you're working with.

Many thanks and look forward to hearing from you again.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Hi AveryH,

I was looking at the cbot $25 sept 07 dow contract and the cbot 100 oz gold sept 07 contract.
      The volume i am talking about is the total market volume that usually updates as contracts are bought and sold,such as 39,000 for the session.

And the total bid and ask volume is the volume of total bids,example, 125 from all bid levels,and 175 for example from all offer levels,the totals being the addition of bids or offers on each price level.

Is quote trader suppose to show either one?

I am connecting to interactive brokers,as i have an account there.I am referring to the market depth shown as what is called on Interactive brokers as the Book Trader,where the page can scroll up and down,showing the bids and offers at each level for an instrument,and where orders can be input into the market for the instrument that is being shown.

thanks

Comment

Salo07,
        Sorry for the delay in replying, please see the Answers in RED

I was looking at the cbot $25 sept 07 dow contract and the cbot 100 oz gold sept 07 contract.
        The volume i am talking about is the total market volume that usually updates as contracts are bought and sold,such as 39,000 for the session.
        (Answer) This total volume would be shown only in the symbol information section which is on the top of the Trade Manager window. With this information you will see the high, Low, Total Volume, Open, Previous and so on. If you do not see this on the top of the Trade Manager window. Please do the following
        Right click anywhere on the DOME
        From the menu select Symbol Info (when active there will be a check mark next to it).
        This will add or remove Symbol information from the top of the window.

And the total bid and ask volume is the volume of total bids,example, 125 from all bid levels,and 175 for example from all offer levels,the totals being the addition of bids or offers on each price level.

In the price Ladder or DOME on the right side you should have a column for the Volume which would be the volume for trades at the different price points.

The only thing I can think of that would not show the volume would be if the color of the numbers were the same as the background. But in a case such as that you would not see any numbers in any of the columns.

Is quote trader suppose to show either one? Yes

Please let me know if this helps or if you are still not able to see the volume in the DOME.

Thanks agian for the post and keep me informed.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

my last 2 posts didnt seem to be visible visible?!

Comment

what happened to my posts???!!! your forum softwre doesnt seem to be workng properly,i spend a long while writing those posts!!!!

if the posts dont show i quit! this is lousy!!!

Comment

Salo07,

Unforturnately I don't see you post either. If we had deleted or moved them there would have been a message put in place of the post with what had happened to it.

What I usually do before posting is click the Preview so I can proof-read what I'm writing then from there I submit it to the forum.

AveryH

Comment

Working...
              X