Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to facilitate editing IB dictionary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to facilitate editing IB dictionary?

Hi,
    i want to add new symbols to the Ib dictionary. All from the same exchange.
    The curent way is the "edit symbol"-window. E.g. the german exchange symbol JUN3 at exchnage XETRA.
    You have to type this
    Symbol Jun3-XET
    Then lookup symbol. 20 seconds waiting....
    Select etc.
    This takes perhaps 40 seconds all together. No problem, if you have 2 new symbols.
    If you want to add 500 or 1000 symbols, it makes you crazy.

If you have one exchange for all symbols, you have only to change the symbol. All the inputs like exchange, min. movement, pricescale etc. are allways the same.
    Is it possible to edit the symbols with an text editor direct to the esignal file?
    Which file is this in the directory?
    Is this possible?

How to copy the file with the dictionary to other PCs?

Are there any dictionary files availiable with all symbols of Xetra, LIFFE or MATIF?

Yes, it's possible to edit dictionary items manualy from any text editor. File that contains all QT's dictionaries is located here:
    %userprofile%\Application Data\eSignal\QuoteTrader\1\configuration.xml

I'd recommend to save a copy of it before making any changes.

You may copy this file to another PC at the mentioned path. It's also possible to change the path itself by editing registry key
    "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eSignal\QuoteTrader\Se ttings -> Configuration". It should point to valid configuration file and QT must have read/write rights to this file.

We have no dictionaries with all symbols from IB.

However QT is designed in assumption that user will have only limited number of symbols in dictionary, the ones that he really uses to trade. I'm not completely understand why one would want to have more than 100 symbols in the dictionary. Could you please explain it, so we will be able to take into account your way of trading?

Comment

Yes, it's possible to edit dictionary items manualy from any text editor. File that contains all QT's dictionaries is located here:
      %userprofile%\Application Data\eSignal\QuoteTrader\1\configuration.xml

I'd recommend to save a copy of it before making any changes.

You may copy this file to another PC at the mentioned path. It's also possible to change the path itself by editing registry key
      "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\eSignal\QuoteTrader\Se ttings -> Configuration". It should point to valid configuration file and QT must have read/write rights to this file.

We have no dictionaries with all symbols from IB.

QT is designed in assumption that user will have only limited number of symbols in dictionary, the ones that he really uses for trading. I'm not completely understand why one would want to have more than 100 symbols in the dictionary. Could you please explain it, so we will be able to take into account your way of trading?

Comment

Thank you. I use the IBBRIDGE ver. 1019 , the broker template with buttons.
        Not the QuoteT with the dom.
        I order with the buttons, edited with the order ticket designer. If i look at the charts of hundreds of symbols a day, i have to add this symbols, if i want to transmit an order.
        So i need a big dicitionary with more than 100 symbols.

Comment

Thanks, it's clear. IB plug-in does support automatic mapping for stocks, futures, future options and indices although it doesn't support forwards (ES #F) and continuous format (ES 1!). Note that automatic symbol mapping always sets SMART route.
          Could you confirm auto-mapping does work for you?

Comment

I can`t use smart routing at IBIS Stock Exchange.

Comment

Working...
            X