IB plugin keeps retrying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IB plugin keeps retrying

If I start eSignal while the IB TWS is not started, the IB plugin just keeps retrying to get connected with IB TWS. Because the disconnect menu is disabled in this case, I can not even stop the retrying action. In some cases if I exit eSignal winsig would crash, while sometime it would not. In older QuoteTrader version, if the TWS is not started, IB plugin wouldl just get disconnected and would not keep trying. Also it remembers whether IB plugi is connected or not when eSignal exits. If it is not, next time when eSignal starts, IB plugin would not try to get connected. Is there anyway to reverse back to the older design regarding this connect/disconect issue?

- Clearpicks

Speaking about QT - yes, it remembers if plugin was previously connected or not. But I'm not quite sure that WinSig does the same. We will check it.

Also for the future December QT release we have improved IB's connection logic so it will not be blocking the whole application while trying to connect any longer.

Comment

Re: IB plugin keeps retrying

Originally posted by clearpicks
      If I start eSignal while the IB TWS is not started, the IB plugin just keeps retrying to get connected with IB TWS. Because the disconnect menu is disabled in this case, I can not even stop the retrying action. In some cases if I exit eSignal winsig would crash, while sometime it would not. In older QuoteTrader version, if the TWS is not started, IB plugin wouldl just get disconnected and would not keep trying. Also it remembers whether IB plugi is connected or not when eSignal exits. If it is not, next time when eSignal starts, IB plugin would not try to get connected. Is there anyway to reverse back to the older design regarding this connect/disconect issue?

- Clearpicks

Mike,

Sounds like a major problem.

What version of the plugin are you running?

I'm just started running 1050 yesterday and always start eSignal first and haven't seen it yet but sounds like I will soon.

I know the message you are talking about and if you don't respond they stack up, the CPU goes to 100 percent and you have to restart signal. The only time I recall getting them was when TWS was up but disconnected, never across eSignal restarts.

If you change the Trade Preferences Default to something other then IB will it still keep retrying?

Glen
      Glen Demarco
      [email protected]

Comment

Re: Re: IB plugin keeps retrying

Glen,

I am using 1060. There is no pop up window and I am not sure whether the CPU would go to 100 percent or not if IB TWS is never brought up. I don't know whether this issue also exists in other broker plugins. I only use IB at this moment although in the furture I may try oanda plugin.

- Clearpicks

Originally posted by demarcog

Mike,

Sounds like a major problem.

What version of the plugin are you running?

I'm just started running 1050 yesterday and always start eSignal first and haven't seen it yet but sounds like I will soon.

I know the message you are talking about and if you don't respond they stack up, the CPU goes to 100 percent and you have to restart signal. The only time I recall getting them was when TWS was up but disconnected, never across eSignal restarts.

If you change the Trade Preferences Default to something other then IB will it still keep retrying?

Glen

Comment

Indeed, "disconnect" button is disabled while plugin is not connected. Seems like we need to change this behavior.

Comment

Will be fixed in December build.

Comment

Working...
            X