I need help with setting up QuoteTrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help with setting up QuoteTrader

I downloaded QuoteTrader 1050 and installed it.

I tried to setup connections to my GAIN practice account, and to my MB Trading DEMO account. Both connectionss were rejected. So I decided to setup the connections to "Simulated Broker" and "eSignal Data", apparently successfully.

When I start QuoteTrader, the screen comes up but no connections are available: only the menu item "Create New Connection", which just takes me back to the configurator and shows me the connections that are already listed.

The net is that I cannot do anything with the interface at all.

(I am prompted to install an updated version of QuoteTrader, by clicking on a provided link. this downloads version 1083. However, when I install this new version, and try to launch it, my computer crashes with a 0x0000000c (memory access violation) BSOD, so I cannot use this new version either at all. Heck, I cannot even get it to start).

Any help getting me going will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi koganam.

Please provide version information about your OS - name, service packs installed (if any), etc.

Thanks.

Comment

Here is what I have: software and hardware both. Thanks for your response.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
      Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
      OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
      System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.
      System Model A7N8X-E
      System Type X86-based PC
      Processor x86 Family 6 Model 10 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~1828 Mhz
      BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe ACPI BIOS Rev 1011, 5/20/2004
      SMBIOS Version 2.2
      Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
      System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
      Locale United States
      Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
      Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
      Total Physical Memory 3,072.00 MB
      Available Physical Memory 1.84 GB
      Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
      Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
      Page File Space 3.10 GB
      Page File G:\pagefile.sys

Comment

This is a known problem in Windows XP.
        http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921337
        The site will explain the problem but not give you instructions on how to fix or use the specific method to obtain HotFix.
        For the majority of valid users of XP OS, the SP2 update is straight forward and almost automatic through MS update or download center. Make sure your computer contains the following DLL of this or newer version.

In order to obtain the HotFix KB921337 you have to go to a third party website (not Microsoft web site);
        http://thehotfixshare.net/board/inde...dule=downloads
        From there you choose the OS language (for example English) then OS (for example XP) then look for the KB921337. Now you can download, WindowsXP-KB921337-x86-ENU.exe
        There you can install the HotFix.
        Last edited by eSignal_Brent; 01-17-2008, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Hotfix 921337

Dear Amol.

I am getting page cannot be found on the link you posted regarding the Hotfix 921337
          http://thehotfixshare.net/board/inde...dule=downloads

Is there another site where I can download the hotfix from other than Microsoft support page where it requires ot download SP#

Thanks in advance

Regards
          Guss

Comment

Hi Guss,

I was able to access that page from several PCs with different internet connections, would you please try again and let me know if you're successful?

I'll embed the link here. If a left mouse-click fails to launch a browser and take you to the page, try right-clicking, and select "open in a new window".

Thanks,

Brent

Comment

Working...
            X