Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladder-based order entry?

Hi
    Anyone know of an eSignal add-on that supports DOM / ladder-based order entry?

Thanks

Dave,

eSignal has developed a front end trading platform called QuoteTrader that utilizes Depth of Market (DOM). Much more information can be found at www.quote.com/quotetrader QuoteTrader is an absolutely free product which allows you to make use of the data from the qualifying brokers or eSignal datafeed. You can find all the qualifying brokers on the QuoteTrader website.

AveryH

eSignal Support

Comment

Hi Avery

Is the intention that I would run both? ie charts + efs under eSignal and order entry under QuoteTrader? I'm confused as to why there are two products, on the face of it I would prefer the ladder to be within eSignal.

Thanks

Comment

Also, where do I get QuoteTrader support?

The only forums here are "Beta" (inactive), and under Strategies / programming.

What I can't work out is how to sim trade ES using my eSig data feed (ie real prices).

I can't seem to use eSig feed for even a chart - when I try to create a symbol it only allows me to create it from the "Sim" set, even though I have the "eSignal" feed showing in the window title bar.

Comment

Hey Dave,

QuoteTrader is supported via the forums; QuoteTrader, Broker Plug-ins & Integrated Trading. Here's a link to the site: http://forum.esignalcentral.com/foru...?s=&forumid=63
          The other way is via email: [email protected]

You can simulate trading with your eSignal account; you will need to create a connection for the eSignal data. Below are instructions for creating a new connection account.
          To create a new connection:[list=1][*]From the Main Menu click on Connection„³New Connection[*]From Select Broker dropdown menu select eSignal Data[*]Complete the connection wizard to confirm your new connection connects through the Data Manger[*]To connect your chart; right click on the chart--> Connection-->eSignal Data (Or whatever name you call the connection)[/list=1]

Once you have created the new connections with the eSignal Data you’ll be able to add symbols to the Symbol dictionary or from the Create Symbol Dropdown menu.

AveryH
          eSignal Support

Comment

Hi
            Thanks, I saw that forum, but assumed it was for some kind of program trading add-on to QuoteTrader.

As for the other part of the answer, as per "even though I have the "eSignal" feed showing in the window title bar" I think I have a connection.

But in both Chart and Order windows I still get presented with the "Sim" set of symbols when I try to create a new symbol from them

Also, did you see my query about why I have to use two products to get a ladder, I'm confused about what this implies - ie I pay $$$s per month, but can't use an integrated (decent looking) ladder that you give away?

Also, I was surprised to find that after I downloaded and installed QT, I still had to immediately update what seemed like all of it - can't the download be more up to date?

Dave

Comment

Dave,
              As for the other part of the answer, as per "even though I have the "eSignal" feed showing in the window title bar" I think I have a connection.
              On which title bar are you seeing the eSignal Data? With QuoteTrader you have the ability to connect to multiple data feeds. So your charts could be connected to eSignal while your Trade Manager is connected to Interactive Brokers or OptionsXpress. An easy way to resolve this is from the main menu click on Connection-->Connection (All Windows) and select eSignal Data from the Drop-Down.

To add symbols to the Symbol Dictionary[list=1][*] From the chart select Create new Symbol from the drop-down menu[*] In the Create New Symbol Window[*] Type the desired in the Symbol box[*] Click on the Browse button (Box on the right with 3 dots)[*] In the Simulated Trading Window- retype the symbol and Click OK[*] Asset Type, Min Movement and Price Scale will automatically populate[*] Click OK[/list=1]

I did see your query and I don’t understand what you’re implying other then the two applications have not been integrated together as one.

AveryH
              eSignal Support

Comment

Ah
                1) It is confusing to have a window entitled "Simulated Trading Symbols" when I have a connection to a live data feed.
                What does this phrase actually mean, as it is apparently not related to "Simulated Trading"?

2) But I still can't chart ES as if I enter "ES #F", it says "Not found", hence I assumed I had to select symbols from the drop down. Have you tried entering "ES #F"?

What I'm inferring is surprise and dissatisfaction that having paid money to eSignal for a charting program with integrated trading, I am being offered a non-integrated trading ladder that is available to others for free.

Comment

Hey Dave,

Please remember that QuoteTrader is a free application and that eSignal is not a brokerage house. If you are using eSignal Data to conduct trades within QuoteTrader, those trades will be simulated trades. Again, eSignal is a market data vendor, not a brokerage. So any trade you make using eSignal Data will be an eSignal Paper Trade. That said, eSignal has done a lot of work to enable QuoteTrader to work with a set of brokerages. If you conduct trades using one of those brokerages you will be conducting actual trades.

The #F is a custom symbol used by the eSignal application. QuoteTrader doesn't use the that same custom symbology. For the S&P E-Mini you would need to use the front month symbol.

Thank you for the clarification. This was a miscommunication on my part. QuoteTrader is a front-end trading platform used to complete trades WITH an approved broker.

The list below are the compatible brokers.

Brokerages / trading service providers currently compatible with QuoteTrader*:
                  • TD AMERITRADE (with FREE charts)
                  • Interactive Brokers (with FREE charts)
                  • FXCM
                  • GAIN Capital
                  • MB Trading
                  • OANDA
                  • optionsXpress
                  • Patsystems

AveryH
                  eSignal Support

Comment

Hi
                    OK, I've got ES to work, thanks. Still find that dialogue title confusing though ("Simulated").

Please remember that QuoteTrader is a free application and that eSignal is not a brokerage house
                    1) Someone paid for QuoteTrader to be written though? My subscription perhaps? However non-sub payers benefit.

2) Maybe not a brokerage house, but strategy? For non-system trading, simulation of placing the trades based on real-time reading of analysis based on eSignal's chart indicators is useful. I can do a tick replay in eSignal, but don't get the benefit of a synchronised ladder to simulate the trades too.

So, I say it should be integrated.

Comment

Dave,
                      I’m pleased to hear you have the symbology working. The tick replay is an excellent point for integrating QuoteTrade. I’ll forward your comments and suggestion on to the appropriate Product Manager in charge of integrating the two together.

AveryH
                      eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                      X