Problems trading the ES using the DOM in QuoteTrader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems trading the ES using the DOM in QuoteTrader

I installed the latest version of Quotetrader today and got it setup to work with IB/TWS. Everything looks good but I'm seeing weirdness when it comes to placing orders of the ES M8 contract.

First off, I want me make sure I've got the contract setup properly in the symbol dictionary. Please see the screenshot, is that correct?

Second, I set the Bracket Type to StopLoss and TakeProfit with a 2 tick profit and a 12 tick stop. When I buy at market, it's not calculating my targets correctly. Sometimes it does, but sometimes it puts it at the entry price or 1 tick away. I just tried it several times with different targets but it's often 1 or 2 ticks less than what it should be, which leads me to believe I've got the contract setup incorrectly. I don't have this problem when trading with other platforms through the TWS API.

Also, after my order gets filled, how do I tell on the ladder where my entry price was? I don't see it.

Finally, whenever I have a position and click the Close Position, Reverse Position, or Flatten All, I get a message saying:

"Error while closing/reversing/flattening. Bracket stopLoss price is not specified"

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    Mark
    Attached Files

Hi mkincaid,

Thanks for reporting, we're checking this.

Comment

Any update? Thanks,
      Mark

Comment

I don't think this is an issue with symbol mapping settings. It's related to how QuoteTrader processes brackets for market orders - currently bracket prices calulated at the same time when parent order is placed based on bid/ask price.

For example if you place 1 buy market order and have 10 pips for take profit and stop loss they are calculated as follows:

TakeProfit = bid + 10 * MinTick
        StopLoss = bid - 10 * MinTick

Don't think it's correct, TP and SL prices should be calculated based on position average price after position has been opened. Will be fixed in the next build.

Issue with the ladder most probably related to known bug with TWS and futures contracts - sometimes TWS returns incorrect position average price (it's used in calculating unrealized PL). Could you please check if position average price is correct and the same in TWS and QuoteTrader?

As to the issue with closing/ reversing/ flattening - it may be caused by incorrect value in order defaults. Could you please check stop loss value in order defaults dialog?

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I checked the Order Defaults screen and everything is setup properly as far as I can tell (StopLoss is set to 12, Take Profit at 2).

Also, I just tried going long by clicking above the current price. It submitted it as a stop buy order and filled it at 1369 (after about 30 seconds). It then color coded my ladder (in a way that makes no sense to me) and did not submit the take profit and stop loss orders, even though that option was selected from the Trade Manager. See screen shot for details.

Why would it code everything ABOVE the current price in Red if I'm Long? Shouldn't it be Green above and Red BELOW when I'm long?

Am I just missing something?

Comment

Sorry, it wouldn't let me go back and re-attach the screen shot so here it is.
            Attached Files

Comment

>> Why would it code everything ABOVE the current price in Red if I'm Long?
              >> Shouldn't it be Green above and Red BELOW when I'm long?

No. Colored cells show your unrealized PL. Red coloring designates negative PL, green coloring designates positive PL.

Comment

Are you still able to reproduce issue with closing/ reversing/ flattening? Let me know if yes and we set up remote connection to your desktop to ckeck it. We're unable to reproduce it on our side.

Comment

Working...
                X