Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal subscription for the ForexCharts

Hello,

can you tell me what subscription i need for the ForexCharts for Gain/Hotspot?

I have a "Data only" subscription for esignal including FX data. I was under the impression i could use Quotetrader regardless, but it says that i am not authourized to use this.

Regards,
    P.
    Purri

Hi Purri,

[b]FX Charts for GAIN[b/] and [b]FX Charts for Hotspot[b/] are two new pre-release versions of trading and charting software based on the QuoteTrader code.
    They use either GAIN or Hotspot's streaming data, plus eSignal's chart data to provide a unified trading and order management solution.
    You can learn more about these platforms by watching the instructional videos on the pre-release site:

If you'd like to participate in the pre-release, send an email to [email protected]

Alternatively, since you're already a data subscriber, you should be able to go into account maintenance and add QuoteTrader to your existing data product.

If you need help, email [email protected], and include your customer id and/or username(s).

Thanks,

Brent
    eSignal_Brent

Comment

Hello Brent,

I don't have forex data subscribed in eSignal. When using quotetrader with gain account, can I get intraday and daily historical data shown on charts or it would just build on the realtime streaming data collected from Gain?

- Clearpicks

Comment

Originally posted by clearpicks
        Hello Brent,
        I don't have forex data subscribed in eSignal. When using quotetrader with gain account, can I get intraday and daily historical data shown on charts or it would just build on the realtime streaming data collected from Gain?
        - Clearpicks
        Hi Clearpicks,

GAIN's API doesn't support intraday/historical data ("backfill") for charts, however, we're beta testing a trading/charting solution for GAIN based on QuoteTrader that provides backfill from eSignal, and trading from charts, DOM or dealing box.
        If you have a GAIN account, and are interested in beta testing and providing feedback, send an email to [email protected].

Alternatively, for FOREX, OANDA's API has backfill, and using QuoteTrader, you can trade from the charts, dealing box, and DOM.
        Install the most recent version of QuoteTrader, and let me know your thoughts

Thanks,

Brent
        QuoteTrader Support Videos

Comment

I checked quotetrader website, it does not mention oanda provides backfilling. So you'd better update quotetrader webpage to add "with free charts" like Ameritrader and InteractiveBrokers. How about FXCM? Does it support backfilling?

- Clearpicks

Originally posted by eSignal_Brent
          Hi Clearpicks,

GAIN's API doesn't support intraday/historical data ("backfill") for charts, however, we're beta testing a trading/charting solution for GAIN based on QuoteTrader that provides backfill from eSignal, and trading from charts, DOM or dealing box.
          If you have a GAIN account, and are interested in beta testing and providing feedback, send an email to [email protected].

Alternatively, for FOREX, OANDA's API has backfill, and using QuoteTrader, you can trade from the charts, dealing box, and DOM.
          Install the most recent version of QuoteTrader, and let me know your thoughts

Thanks,

Brent
          QuoteTrader Support Videos

Comment

I checked quotetrader website, it does not mention oanda provides backfilling. So you'd better update quotetrader webpage to add "with free charts" like Ameritrader and InteractiveBrokers.

How about FXCM? Does it support backfilling?
            Hi Clearpicks,

Thanks for the post.
            We haven't updated the website because Oanda's API was just updated to support backfill, and the most recent version of QT (which supports that new feature), version 1169, is still in pre-release. Once testing is through, we'll update the website

FXCM's API doesn't currently support backfill.

Comment

To use Oanda API within QuoteTrader, do I have to pay the $600 initialization fee and $600/mo monthly fee? Also it seems if I try to use QuoteTrader on another computer, I have to register with another user name in eSignal data manager, otherwise my eSignal running on my trading computer would get disconnected, right?

Comment

To use Oanda API within QuoteTrader, do I have to pay the $600 initialization fee and $600/mo monthly fee?
                No - it's free!

Also it seems if I try to use QuoteTrader on another computer, I have to register with another user name in eSignal data manager, otherwise my eSignal running on my trading computer would get disconnected, right?
                That's correct.

Comment

Working...
                X