Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what subscription do I need for the ForexCharts for Gain/Hotspot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what subscription do I need for the ForexCharts for Gain/Hotspot?

Hello,

can you tell me what subscription i need for the ForexCharts for Gain/Hotspot?

I have a "Data only" subscription for esignal including FX data. I was under the impression i could use Quotetrader regardless, but it says that i am not authourized to use this.

Regards,
    P.

Hi Purri,

FX Charts for GAIN and FX Charts for Hotspot are two new pre-release versions of trading and charting software based on the QuoteTrader code.
    They use either GAIN or Hotspot's streaming data, plus eSignal's chart data to provide a unified trading and order management solution.
    You can learn more about these platforms by watching the instructional videos on the pre-release site:
    http://pmd.esignal.com/gain

If you'd like to participate in the pre-release, send an email to [email protected]

Alternatively, since you're already a data subscriber, you should be able to go into account maintenance and add QuoteTrader to your existing data product.
    https://secure.esignal.com/Maintenance.aspx?bhcp=1

If you need help, email [email protected], and include your customer id and/or username(s).

Thanks,

Brent
    Last edited by eSignal_Brent; 04-04-2008, 06:00 AM.

Comment

I tried to connect to FXCM within QuoteTrader and it showed FXCM API is not installed. Where should I download FXCM API?

I also tried to connect to Oanda and in the forex window of QuoteTrader it simply showed "Blocked". Does it mean I have to pay the api fee to Oanda ( $600/mo) to use QuoteTrader?

Comment

Hi Mike.

Here you can get the latest version of the FXCM API - http://www.fxcorporate.com/Order2Go/FXOrder2Go.EXE

Regarding OANDA issue - does the plugin say only "Blocked" and nothing else? Please check messages tab in Account Manager window.

Thanks.

Comment

In the account manager window, it shows Connecting to server..., Error: Access denied, Connection blocked.

= Clearpicks

Originally posted by msendetsky
          Hi Mike.

Here you can get the latest version of the FXCM API - http://www.fxcorporate.com/Order2Go/FXOrder2Go.EXE

Regarding OANDA issue - does the plugin say only "Blocked" and nothing else? Please check messages tab in Account Manager window.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by clearpicks
            I ... tried to connect to Oanda and in the forex window of QuoteTrader it ... showed "Blocked"...
            Hi Mike,

Send an email to [email protected] with your eSignal/QT username, and request to have your Oanda account enabled for API access.

Also, assuming you're using QuoteTrader to get free charting from OANDA, make sure you're using the most recent build (1169).

Finally, please send any comments or feedback to "[email protected]"

Thanks!

Brent

Comment

Any update on when a new build for "ForexCharts by eSignal (HOTSPOT)" is available? Build 1200 is unable to connect at all.

Comment

pippi,

we've checked the 1200 and found no problems with connectivity. Would you please copy/paste the message informing you about the inability to connect?

Also please check your settings and make sure there's no software installed preventing the application access to network.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

i just tried again, and the 1st attempt was successful, streaming realtime quotes came in, altho i was not able to get backfill for charts (i was under the impression this would be provided from the esignal servers).

I then closed the application and tried a second time (and several more times), but it would not connect anymore. I have attached a screenshot of the messages and connection settings. It remains in this state forever.

Regards,
                  P.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Have you been able to reproduce this?

Also, is it somehow possible to connect to my own live or demo account?

Regards,
                    P.

Comment

So will there be a working build for Hotspot anytime soon? Its been months since the last update..

Comment

Hi pippi.

>> Also, is it somehow possible to connect to my own live or demo account?

Sure. All you need to do is to fill in the fields Username and Password as well as the Server Host and Server Port for both Market and Order sessions (and point them to your broker's servers).

Let me know if it worked.

Regards,
                        Max.

Comment

Hello, where would i get this information for my account? Of course i know my username and password for hotspot, but i have no idea where i get the IPs/Ports..

Comment

pippi,

I think you should contact your broker in order to get this information.

Regards.

Comment

Have you actually tested this with a Hotspot demo account? What IPs did you use?

Comment

Working...
                              X