closePosition(symbol) in the newest IB Plugin is broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Sebastian,

Previously you indicated you were having trouble with the closePostion() function, which is an EFS coding function.

Originally posted by Sebastian
    I'm experiencing also the same problem as clearpicks. closePosition(symbol) is not working...

Can you guys fix this?

Thanks
    If you're not using EFS button, please tell me which button you're referring to (i.e. attached order ticket etc.)
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi,

I use the attached order ticket for stock trading, without conformation. So normally the order is beiing routed immediately to IB. When i press the buy market button nothing happens.
      When IB is runnning and starting up Esignal it asks for acceptation incoming calls i press yes.
      I did this with the latest BETA versions of esignal (10.2) and the latest BETA IB-plugin.

Comment

Hi,

I've tried to install the 10.2 final, the one on the homepage, in combination with the latest IB plugin 1354. The orders were filled in IB, but nothing was displayed in the attached order ticket.

see attachment

Originally posted by Sebastian
        Hi,

I use the attached order ticket for stock trading, without conformation. So normally the order is beiing routed immediately to IB. When i press the buy market button nothing happens.
        When IB is runnning and starting up Esignal it asks for acceptation incoming calls i press yes.
        I did this with the latest BETA versions of esignal (10.2) and the latest BETA IB-plugin.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you Sebastian. We'll investigate this further.
          Jason K.
          Project Manager
          eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
          JavaScript for EFS Video Series
          EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
          EFS Glossary
          Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Sebastian,

I have tested your problem on eSignal 10.2 and IB version 1354. The problem failed to reproduce. We observed such behavior in the past when TWS did not send positions to a client. Currently we use TWS version 886.5, Java version 1.5.0_05.

Comment

Hi,

I have the same IB version but another JAVA Version: 1.6.0_07
              Could that be the problem?

Comment

Nope, this can't be the cause.

We noticed a number of times that under some circumstances TWS stops sending out position reports along with executions; this seems to be a problem of TWS itself.

Were your executions and positions reflected in TWS while they were missing in eSignal?

Thanks.

Comment

Yes they were, IB showed the filled order and Esignal did not show anything.
                  You are saying that under some circumstances TWS stops sending out position reports, but with the old plugin (1200) i don't have this problem. So i'm thinking that it's not an IB problem.

Or do i misunderstand this...

Originally posted by msendetsky
                  Nope, this can't be the cause.

We noticed a number of times that under some circumstances TWS stops sending out position reports along with executions; this seems to be a problem of TWS itself.

Were your executions and positions reflected in TWS while they were missing in eSignal?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X