Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No order sent if "Confirm..." unchecked

Hello,

I'm just starting to test Broker plugin and Generic Broker functions. I have OANDA plugin ver 1.2.1256.1181 and the new eSignal ver 10.2.1370.1358

I am trying to generate buy(), sell() and close() generic broker functions from EFS, and it's working OK as long as I have "Confirm EFS Orders" checked. I am using Market orders with stop-loss set, and everything comes up OK in the Order Ticket, if I press Submit the order is sent and executed correctly.

But the problem comes when I uncheck "Confirm EFS Orders", the Generic Broker functions stop working, and nothing is sent to the broker. I have also noticed another thing in my testing: If I issue a close() when I dont have an open trade, nothing happens. This is of course correct, but it means that eSignal does some filtering before the order even reach the Account Manager. So now I wonder why my (valid) orders are filtered out when I uncheck "Confirm EFS Orders".

Regards,
    Christer

A correction: there is no Generic Broker function named close(), I'm using closePosition()

The function reference for buy() says: Submit a market order to broker using the pre-set default number of shares/contracts

There is nothing about the Bracket defaults in the function reference. Is it the StopLoss bracket that is causing problems when I try to bypass the order confirmation?

Christer

Comment

Hello Christer,

Thanks for your report. We've confirmed the issue with the "Confirm EFS Order" option. We'll get this fixed for the next plug-in.

Regarding the buy() and sell() functions, these were intended to simplify things a bit by not requiring any parameters other than symbol. They are supposed to use order defaults. Try using the other trading functions.
      Jason K.
      Project Manager
      eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
      JavaScript for EFS Video Series
      EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
      EFS Glossary
      Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

OK, thank you Jason.

So if I want to buy at market with protective stop i would send two orders: buyMarket() and sellStop(), right? But will this work any better than buy() with regard to the "Confirm EFS Order" check box? Guess I have to test...

Do you know anything about Ninja Trader? They seem to have a lot of functions to access order, position etc and account data from eSignal, is this working OK? But it seems a bit overkill to have to add another application for receiving signals from eSignal and then submitting the order back to eSignal for execution. When will you implement better access to order/position/account management with EFS?

Regards,
        Christer
        Last edited by ChristerM; 10-06-2008, 12:45 PM.

Comment

-

Hello Christer,

buyMarket() will enter a long positions and sellStop() will issue a protective stop order.

Adding additional functionality to EFS for order/position/account management is a project we plan to implement. This is tenativly planned for one of the 2009 releases. I don't have a specific ETA for this project. We have a number of other priorities to get through first for several broker integrations, updated framework and then mulit-threading to name a few.
          Jason K.
          Project Manager
          eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
          JavaScript for EFS Video Series
          EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
          EFS Glossary
          Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
          X