Problems with optionsXpress plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with optionsXpress plugin

I have downloaded and installed the latest eSignal and optionsXpress plugin. My Data Manager and all charts & formulas are working well.

When I use the Plugin Configurator to setup my connection, it connects to my optionsXpress account and creates a new session during the test but times out and cannot finish creating the connection - and therefore I cannot integrate with my account from eSignal.

If I skip the test and create the connection, I can make it the default and bring up the Account Manager from eSignal, but the status light is yellow and I cannot place any orders or set order defaults etc.

Is anyone successfully using the optionsXpress plugin and if so, please let me know how you got it working. I've spent 2 days trying to get this operational, and both OX and eSignal websites say it should be easy.

Thanks!
    JW

Hi JasonW,

There was a change to their API that we needed to address.
    The modified plugin was posted to the partner page:
    http://www.esignal.com/map/optionsxpress/default.aspx

Please try that and let me know if it resolves the issue.

Thanks,

Brent

Comment

Thanks Brent, it looks like a newer version than what I have installed - I'll give it a try.

I talked to optionsXpress support yesterday and they seem to think I need to enter my username and password in eSignal File | Preferences, FTID.com tab (in addition to the documented setup instructions).

Do I need to do this, and if so, what username/password do I use - my eSignal account?

Cheers,
      Jason

Comment

I removed the previous version, installed the latest plugin (plugin_oxbridge_1414.exe) and restarted the computer.

Still the exact same problem in the QT Configurator - a timeout occurs when testing the connection. I've attached a screenshot of the output.
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jason,

One last thing to check is if your ox account is enabled for API access.
          Login, the click "Account -> Profile -> Trading & Web Site Preferences"

See image
          Attached Files
          Last edited by eSignal_Brent; 11-25-2008, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Yes, API access is enabled in my OX account.

Comment

If it helps, I have tried this on Vista 64 and Vista 32.

Comment

I'm having the exact same problem. My test connection screen looks the same. I have API enabled as well.

I wish JasonW would've given an update. Unless he just gave up.

Comment

Manzilla,

The OptionsXpress plug-in has had it's issues, our support for this plug in limited as we don't have any accounts that we can use for testing and it difficult for use to get the support we need on the OptionsXpress side. We have the faithfully OptionsXpress clients that are connected and so we don't disrupt there service we try and accommodating them as best we can.

If you continue having problem getting connected please let me know and we can work with you on other solutions.

AveryH
                  eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                  X