Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is latest IB-plugin working with 10.3 beta?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is latest IB-plugin working with 10.3 beta?

Hi,

I installed eSignal 10.3 beta along with the latest TWS (889 - Dec 4, 2008) and the latest eSignal IB-plugin.

Here's the steps I did:

1. Made the IB-plugin the default

2. Setup ES #F and TF#F symbols and mapped them to their respective March 2009 expirations through the lookup facility the IB plugin provides.

3. Successfully connected to the TWS. The "test connection" worked.

4. Tried to enter a by limit order on either symbol while I was in the respective ES #F or TF #F chart.

The problem I'm getting is a complaint by IB that neither symbol is valid.

It doesn't matter if I try to do this with the new direct chart trading buy/sell buttons or the internal broker interface by pressing a button there. Same problem.

I can post some pics after the market close today but I wanted to see if anyone else here has experienced a similar problem.

Note: this is my first attempt at setting up the IB-plugin and attemping trades through eSignal in general so I could be going something wrong. I did not install the TWS ActiveX component because I'm assuming that the IB plugin is using a direct socket connection instead (is this assumption correct?).

Hi Steve,

As far as I understand this is the same issue you described here - http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=29422 ? If so, please try the receipe I gave and let us know if it helped.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X