Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible problem with 10.3 beta and IB plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible problem with 10.3 beta and IB plugin?

This is the first time I'm trying the integrated trading facility in eSignal and decided to give it a go with the latest IB TWS (889.4), eSignal IB Plugin (1.2.1354.883) and eSignal 10.3 beta.

Here is an image below of 3 pieces of info that may help in support telling me what's wrong. All I did was try to place a buy limit order in an ES #F chart window, got the "Failed to place order: No security definition has been found for the request".

I have the symbol mapped in the bottom part of the image. I am connected to my IB simulated trading account.

Hope this helps. Please let me know what the problem is. I'd really like to get this direct chart trading interface working. This order was placed after hours with a GTC through submitting an order with the order form (no buttons or direct chart entry) but I have tested this same setup trying direct chart entry with the buy button and it gives the same error.

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately there's a problem indeed. To solve this issue you should go to Order Defaults dialog and set up proper ROUTE (GLOBEX in your case, I guess) for the particular symbol or symbol type (Futures).

Let me know if it worked.

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

This worked for the ES #F. Thanks. I completely missed that in the setup.

I still have a problem with the TF #F symbol. The default route for that one is going to be the NYBOT but it's not in the list of exchanges to choose from in the order default dialog.

Is this an oversight that just requires eSignal to do a simple addition of NYBOT to the list as shown?

Comment

eSignal support,

Are you still on vacation?

I would like to know why the NYBOT was left out of your list of supported routes in the default order routes list for the latest IB Plugin.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Steve,

It is missing because of the bug. This is expected to be fixed soon.

Thanks.

Comment

Would it be possible for support to post the location of where the most recent IB Plugin can be found at all times?

There was a previous post in this group of the location but the thread gives a bad web page now.

Is 1354.882 still the latest release?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello Steve,

Please see this page. The latest IB plug-in is build 1473.
              Jason K.
              Project Manager
              eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
              JavaScript for EFS Video Series
              EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
              EFS Glossary
              Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Pierre,

I am sticked with the same problem asSteve. I am trying to setup a connection btwn eSignal and IB/TWS.

I cannot send trade tickets from eSignal to IB. I get the same message : "Failed to place order: No security definition has been found for the request".

I have installed :
                - IB/TWS version 891.5
                - eSIgnal : 10.3.1476
                - IB Bridge v.1473

The bridge looks to be configured "correctly", as I can see my IB account details from inside eSignal.

The Futures contacts I am trying to trade (AX H9-DT and ES H9-DT) are mapped from eSignal to IB. When I look at the "order default" for these contracts :
                - the default for Futures is "SMART" as well as for the 2 contracts types I am interested in.
                - if I change this defaut to "DTB" which is the exchange for Eurex contracts, it does not resolve my problem.

Any idea ?
                Thanks in advance,

Pierre
                This appears to be a Routing issue that can be corrected by following the steps below.

In your eSignal applications go to Trade-->Interactive Brokers-->Order Default,

On the left side of the Edit Order Defaults window remove any symbols under the Futures Heading

Click on Future to make it the Active Header

On the right side Click the down arrow for Routing and select DTB. (This will make the default Route for any future without a specified route to go to DTB).

Now we're ready to add our symbols

From the bottom of the Edit Order Default Window

Use the dropdown menu select the symbols you would like to create default order for.

Click on add, this will place the symbol under the Futures heading.

If the symbols are trading on the DTB you need not do anything else.

Any newly added symbols will auto map to the correct exchange.

If you're upgrading from a previous version of the IB Plug in you may have to remove the Order Default mapping and recreate them for the new mapping to take affect.

Comment

Avery,

Thank you very much for your detailled explanations.
                  This actually solved the problem.

Pierre

Comment

Glad I could be of assistance.

AveryH
                    eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                    X