No Bid Ask Last in Buy/Sell for Adv Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Bid Ask Last in Buy/Sell for Adv Charts

No Bid Ask Last in Buy/Sell for Adv Charts in confirmation dialogue. Also default order type is not used i.e. it I set default order type to STP LMT and enter a buy the BUY oder is either STP or LMT. See attached screen print.

AveryH What about the Bid/Ask/Last not showing any values ???
    Last edited by simonnallen; 02-17-2009, 11:48 AM.
    Simon Allen

Simon,

The Stop Limit Order Type you set in the Default Order Ticket works for placing order via the Bid/Ask in such window as the Quote Windows, Detail or windows allow you to click on Bid/Ask. It also works when using the New Order Ticket from the various Menu Bars.

When placing orders via the charts the orders placed above the Bid Line will automatically force a Buy Stop Order and order place below the Ask line will force a buy limit order. To make Stop Limits available via the chart would require an additional line that much like the bracket order. It would submit the limit order once the Stop price has been reached.

To make this StopLimit possible you may want to submit it to Ideas or via Make a Suggestion link under Support on the Main Menu of eSignal.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

No Bid Ask Last in Buy/Sell for Adv Charts

AveryH waht about the Bid/Ask/Last not showing vales when you click Buy/Sell on an advanced chart ?
      Thanks
      Simon Allen

Comment

Simon,
        Simon,

I apologize for the delay in responding. On the Advanced Charts when the Buy or Sell buttons are clicked the current Bid/ask price lines should display on the chart. (See attached)

The only time this would not be the case is if you're looking at an instrument such as the Dow Industrial that do not display Bid/Ask. But in with the Dow Industrial the Buy/Sell buttons should not be active.

Using the New Order Ticket there would be no Bid/Ask/Last if there is not a symbol selected. Please check the symbol box at the Top of the Order ticket see what symbol is being displayed.

If this is not the case please provide some of the symbols you're having this issue with so we can do testing.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

If this is not the case please provide some of the symbols you're having this issue with so we can do testing.

AveryH
        eSignal Support
        Attached Files

Comment

No Bid/Ask

I have no bid/ask in the trade confirmation dialogue for any symbol. I have bid/ask on the buy/sell line on the advanced chart. I am using eSignal v 10.3.1491.1162 with IB Plugin 1.2.1494.909 I also tried the 1473 plugin same results
          Attached Files
          Simon Allen

Comment

Simon,

I apologize for not completed understanding your earlier message. This issue was address in the latest build of the IB Plug in. Please download IBBridge.1504 at your earliest convenience. Also you will want to make sure you're working with the latest version of TWS (991) to complete the process.

AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

missing bid/ask

OK thanks that fixes the problem
              Simon Allen

Comment

Working...
              X