Stops will not be triggered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

That's interesting. I've set a 12 tick StopLoss in Order Defaults for ES #F and ES #F=2 and my orders will be closed immediately. What I do not understand is that the stop will be placed at 1695.25 although the order was filled at 849.25. Please look at the entries at 21:58 in my screenshot. I think that's related to this problem!

If I do the same in trade manager the stops will be placed correctly(but only if a define a StopLoss there. It seems trade manager itself does not use the Order Defaults....)
    Attached Files

Comment

These are my Order Defaults:
      Attached Files

Comment

zottl,

From the screenshots I'm unable to tell which account you’re using as the default broker. Are you using the eSignal Paper Trading or IB?

If this is IB what type of account is it? (Demo, real time Simulated, or a live account)

Also can you give me a screenshot of the Trade Manager window as well?

Thank you,
        AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

Hi,

I'm using Paper Trading. I don't know why but today it seems that all stops will be placed correctly when I use the trade manager. It also uses the Order Defaults.

But the problems with the attached order ticket still exists. When I use market orders the stops will be placed far far away and the position will be closed mmediately.
          Attached Files

Comment

This is another example of a limit sell order in the attached order ticket. It was filled at 22:01:12 at 861.25. This time the stop was correctly placed at 864.25(12 ticks away as definded in order defaults). But suddenly the position was closed with a limit buy to cover order also at 861.25. I seems this order was posted automatically at the same time as the stop order.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello zottl,

We're continuing to investigate the issues you've reported with the Attached Order ticket. To better troubleshot would you please post you page to the Forum or to a fileshare so that we can get a copy and test with. If using the fileshare please let me know what group.

Thank you
              AveryH
              eSignal Support

Comment

Hello Avery,

this is the page I'm testing with. I've set the stops now for futures in Order defaults to 16 ticks and removed the entries for ES #F an ES #F=2. If I use 'buy market' a stop will be placed at an unrealistic level and the order will be closed(which you can see both in the account manager in my screenshot). If I use 'sell market' a stop will be placed also very far away and the order will not be closed immediately.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello Avery,

is the trade manager working with ES #F=2 and a stop loss in order defaults in your installation? I don't know but sometimes it seems to work and sometimes not and I don't find a system in it's behaviour. The only case it seems to work perfect is when I define a stop loss in trade managers own bracket settings. For me it looks like that he has a problem with the settings in order defaults... :-(

Comment

Hello zottl,

I confirm the bug. It will be added to our tracking system.

Comment

Hi MayaK,

perfect! Could you reproduce the issue with the trade manager too?

Does that mean that I can expect that these problems cannot occure with the PFG broker interface 1151? I want to it but currently I loosed confidence a bit after these issues with the paper trading tool.....

Regards
                      Zottl

Comment

Hi zottl,

>> Could you reproduce the issue with the trade manager too?

No. This seems to be related to AOT only.

>> Does that mean that I can expect that these problems cannot occure with the PFG broker interface 1151?

Yes. This should not be a problem on PFG. We checked this additionally on our side, and PFG works fine in that case.

Thank you.

Comment

Hi,

what is AOT?

I tried it again with ES #F. I've deleted all order defaults and set the defaults for futures in general to 16 ticks. Then I opened a new trade manager window with ES #F. Clicked on buy market and and this time a stop sell was set 10 ticks lower. But why not 16 ticks as defined?
                          Attached Files

Comment

After that I activated the options 'Show bracket settings', 'Show symbol info' and 'Show order list below DOM'. Then I changed 'Bracket type' in trade manager to StopLoss and changed it to 12 ticks to see if the stop size will maybe retrieved from there. After that I reset 'Bracket type' to None again. Then I buyed at market and suddenly no stop was placed!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi zottl,

AOT stands for "Attached Order Ticket".

>> After that I activated the options 'Show bracket settings',
                              >> 'Show symbol info' and 'Show order list below DOM'.
                              >> Then I changed 'Bracket type' in trade manager to
                              >> StopLoss and changed it to 12 ticks to see if the stop
                              >> size will maybe retrieved from there. After that I reset
                              >> 'Bracket type' to None again. Then I buyed at market
                              >> and suddenly no stop was placed!

Yes, TM has its own explicit settings for bracket orders.

I'm not sure I understand you correctly. You are saying you switch "Bracket Type" to "None" and then no bracket orders were placed? If so, this is OK, because as it's been said, TM relies on its own settings (though copies them from the order defaults for the first time you change a symbol in TM).

Comment

OK, if TM does not use the settings of order defaults we should not have a problem. I thought TM will use these settings too.

But the problem is that I see a different behaviour. If the bracket type in order defaults is set to 'None' TM will not place a stop. If you set the bracket type to 'StopLoss' and the 'Stop Loss Offset' to 16 in order defaults TM will place a stop with an offset of 10 ticks.

I think TM uses the order defaults but not the offset. If you activate 'Show bracket settings' with 'Format window' in TM you will see that the default bracket is None and the fields for Stop and Limit are initialized with 10 but logically greyed out. But maybe that's the reason he erroneously uses a 10 tick offset for the stops....

Comment

Working...
                                X