Immediate/instant execution on Paper Broker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immediate/instant execution on Paper Broker

Greetings. I was wondering if the eSignal's Paper Broker can be configured to fill any order immediately/instantly without any lag (just like NinjaTrader does)?

Thank you.

Regards,

Wilson

wilson_t_t,

Can you please elaborate for me on a couple of points here.

Fill any order-- Is this "fill any instrument Type or an Order Type (limit, Stop, market)?

Without Lag—How much lag time are you seeing when orders are placed and and what Order type?

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Hi, thank you for your quick reply, Avery.

I recently tested eSignal's paper broker and uses EUR A0-FX as the instrument. The details are as follows:

- The lag time I'm seeing is around 2-3 seconds for the orders to be filled.
      - The limit order itself wasn't filled when the price on EUR A0-FX has been touched. It simply hovers around 2-3 pips above/below the EUR A0-FX before it can be filled on eSignal's paper broker.

Example:

Buy Limit 1.2345 on EUR A0-FX, and when 1.2345 is touched, the paper broker didn't execute the buy limit on 1.2345, but on 1.2343 or 1.2342 instead, and it takes around 2-3 seconds for the order to be filled.

Enquiry:

I'm glad that eSignal's paper broker wanted to simulate a real trading environment (slippage/fill lag) to be as real as possible. However, is there any custom settings to set eSignal's paper broker to buy/sell exactly on the limit price of EUR A0-FX, and is there a way to set it to fill any orders instantly (no lag time) just like NinjaTrader does?

Thank you.

Regards,

Wilson
      Last edited by wilson_t_t; 03-15-2009, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Hi wilson_t_t,

Buy Limit 1.2345 on EUR A0-FX, and when 1.2345 is touched, the paper broker didn't execute the buy limit on 1.2345, but on 1.2343 or 1.2342 instead, and it takes around 2-3 seconds for the order to be filled.
        As a matter of fact, Buy Limit orders are executed as soon as the Ask price becomes below or equal the limit. The reason why you have your order working while the bar on the chart crossed the limit downwards is because Forex charts are plotted using Bids, not Asks. Also that's the reason why you have 2-3 second "lag" - this is just a time needed for Ask price to get lower and then the order is executed.

Best regards.

Comment

Hi Max, thank you for your reply.

My issue seem to be the same with "Sell Limit" as well.

Example:

Sell Limit 1.2345 on EUR A0-FX, and when 1.2345 is touched, the paper broker didn't execute the Sell limit on 1.2345, but on 1.2346 or 1.2347 instead.

Therefore, whether it's Sell Limit or Buy Limit, the issue seem to be similar in the paper broker while using EUR A0-FX.

Previously I had recalled a reply from Avery, that it's not possible to do this with combined data from many providers such as EUR A0-FX. But my previous issue is tied to Interactive Brokers, and not with eSignal's paper broker.

Is there any custom settings to set "eSignal's paper broker" to do this on EUR A0-FX? Thank you.

Best regards,

Wilson

Comment

hi wilson_t_t,

do you have a stop loss defined in order defaults and will it be triggered when your order is executed through an EFS? I'm using ES #F and my stop is not triggered.

My stops in paper trade are only triggered when I use buy or sell directly in the chart or when I use the attached order ticket.

Comment

Hi Zottl,

Yes. In my scenario, both the stops and limits could be triggered on the paper broker, but weren't triggered exactly on EUR A0-FX's price. Order defaults seem to be working as well, but again, none could be triggered on the exact price based on EUR A0-FX's price.

Example:

Sell Limit 1.2345 on EUR A0-FX, and when 1.2345 is touched, the paper broker didn't execute the Sell limit on 1.2345, but on 1.2346 or 1.2347 instead

However, I haven't tried using the EFS functions though, as my basic issue haven't seem to be resolved in this scenario.

Regards,

Wilson

Comment

Working...
              X