Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oanda Plugin

Hi All,

I have the Oanda plugin working, but while having multiple strategies running at once I need to be able to separate the trades. Therefore I have two questions:

1. With Oanda your login has multiple accounts, how within EFS can I specify which account to make the trade in? Is the only way by setting the 'Order defaults' in eSignal itself (Trade -> Oanda System -> Order Defaults?

2. Is it possible to get the Oanda ticketnumber when a trade is opened, and specify that when closing a trade, so you can then ensure that is the trade that's closed on a particular strategy (whilst not affecting other trades on other strategies)?

Cheers,
    - Will

Hello Will,

With Oanda your login has multiple accounts, how within EFS can I specify which account to make the trade in? Is the only way by setting the 'Order defaults' in eSignal itself (Trade -> Oanda System -> Order Defaults?
    Within the EFS there is not a way to direct the trades to a specific account. However in the Order Defaults you can specify the specific account for particular symbol or Asset Types. There's more information on Default Orders please read the Default Order portion of the Quick Start Article here.

2. Is it possible to get the Oanda ticketnumber when a trade is opened, and specify that when closing a trade, so you can then ensure that is the trade that's closed on a particular strategy (whilst not affecting other trades on other strategies)?
    As far as I know this is not a possibility at this time with EFS. The only area that I know that stores the Trade Ticket number would be in the Account Manager. Each number is a link to the Order and Executions tab. More information on the Account Manager can be found in this article.

Hopefully this will help you. Please let me know if we can answer any further questions.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks Avery, using the trade defaults for different currency pairs works fine.

A couple of problems though:

There is one more thing however, the stop/loss seems to be limited to 100 pips. This is really inconvenient as I'm really only using stop/losses in case eSignal crashes and my therefore close signals are not hit, there really shouldn't be any limit on what you can enter into the trade default field for stop loss or take profit points. Although I can type for example 200 in there, it still appears to want to enter the stop at 100 rather than 200.

Can you please advise on this?

If a connection is not made to Oanda at the time a signal is hit, you simply get an error message popup. Is there a way to at least get an email notification or be able to execute a program or something rather than a popup if a buy/sell/close order cannot be placed?

Nearly everytime I exit eSignal next time I start it it pops up with a message telling me eSignal crashed and would I like to send a log to the developers. Can I disable this, so I can automate eSignal starting up upon system startup as an interactive service?

Thanks,
      - Will Kruss

Comment

Hello Will,

1. You are right you can`t set stop loss more than 100 points with up and down buttons, but you may just type in the number you want.

2. Currently there is no such ability.

3. The newer versions will not have this pop up at all. Please consider updating your eSignal version.

Originally posted by willk
        Thanks Avery, using the trade defaults for different currency pairs works fine.

A couple of problems though:

There is one more thing however, the stop/loss seems to be limited to 100 pips. This is really inconvenient as I'm really only using stop/losses in case eSignal crashes and my therefore close signals are not hit, there really shouldn't be any limit on what you can enter into the trade default field for stop loss or take profit points. Although I can type for example 200 in there, it still appears to want to enter the stop at 100 rather than 200.

Can you please advise on this?

If a connection is not made to Oanda at the time a signal is hit, you simply get an error message popup. Is there a way to at least get an email notification or be able to execute a program or something rather than a popup if a buy/sell/close order cannot be placed?

Nearly everytime I exit eSignal next time I start it it pops up with a message telling me eSignal crashed and would I like to send a log to the developers. Can I disable this, so I can automate eSignal starting up upon system startup as an interactive service?

Thanks,
        - Will Kruss

Comment

Thanks Avery, unfortunately the default stop/loss is not reliable with Oanda at all.

If a short trade is executed with a stop/loss oanda is automatically disconnected and the error, you cannot place a stop loss bid above your purchase price (or similar) occurs in the account manager messages section.

I'm using eSignal version 10.4.1599.

I've written a program to ensure eSignal is always active and those popups aren't a problem. So that part is okay.

The biggest problem then is the inability for eSignal to report whether the commands through the Oanda plugin have been successful. For example, in EFS when we use a command such as buyMarket, sellMarket, closePosition is there a possibility of getting a true/false result based on the success of the call.

e.g.
          Result = sellMarket(Symbol, LotSize);
          If (Result = false) { //Trade did not execute correctly
          Alert.email( );
          }

Thanks,
          - Will

Comment

Problems with Oanda plugin

I'm also having problems with the Oanda plugin.

The connection opens, and the orders get trasmitted.
            However, when I open a postion with SL and TP brackets, the SL and TP lines are not visible in the chart, even if the SL and TP orders are visible in the account manager and in fx-game.
            Here is a screenshot:
            Attached Files

Comment

Later, when I close the position, the SL and TP order are still showed as active in the trade manager.

Comment

Working...
              X