Decimal Problem and IB TWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decimal Problem and IB TWS

Hi, I have an issue with being able to trade from the charts with a few instruments and was wondering if there is a solution people know of, OR to suggest in future developments a solution.

Basically when using IB TWS for a few products it seems you cannot trade off the charts. Specifically products like the Mexican peso, Japanese Yen on the CME and Copper. This is because IB has a different pricing convention to ESignal.
    eg; Yen quote IB 0.010572 Yen Quote on ES 1.0572, same with MXN, and Copper HG on IB is 2.61 whereas ES 261.....
    Any solutions, or work arounds that people have would be great. thanks.

Hello Adina,

Using the Spread Symbols Settings you can create a custom symbol that would allow you to adjust the decimal in the chart to match that in Interactive Brokers. (See attachement Formula). Once your symbol has been created add it to your chart.

Once you've create the symbol add it to your charts and using the Symbol Mapping under the IB Menu map it back to the their futures symbol format. This wil also work for the Peso and Copper

Please let me know if you have any problem or other questions.

Comment

Hi Avery, yep perfect in terms of getting it to work in the manner you described.
      And yes - clearly the link to IB must be problematic.....when trying to link or lookup the contracts it seems a little tempermental and takes a few times to find the contract and save it....but it works.

One thing I noticed is that on your chart screen shot you have 6 decimal places showing. On mine I can only get 4 decimal places so it still rounds. This also occurs in the order ticket window. I cant find any preferences to change in this respect. So I will keep looking and also close and re-open to see if it makes a difference.
      thankyou.

Comment

attachment

Sorry every time I try to attach a screen shot i seem to have problems....ometimes it works sometimes it does not. Basically. My spread setting window it the same as yours, but when looking at a chart the decimal places only show 4 decimals.
        Last edited by Adina; 08-05-2009, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Hi, i dont know why but while i could not get it to hold, and pick up....even though i had logged out, and then back in.
          this morning the 6 decimal places are good in the chart...but they still round in the actual order......
          i have attached a screen shot showing the trade buy was rounded to 0.0105, and the sell 0.0105 even though i placed them well above and below the markets price

Comment

Hi still does not work. the chart shows 6 decimals, but the order still round.
            Attached Files

Comment

Adina,

Thanks for the screenshots this helps, the issue you're running into is the tick size is set to 1/1000 instead of the correct 1/100000 under the symbol mapping.

To correct do the following;

Trade-->Interactive Brokers-->Symbol Mapping, Highlight the JPY mapping you created and click Edit. Change the Tick Size to 1/100000 and click close.

Close the Edit Symbol Mapping window and you should be fine.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Bingo....I knew it had to be there somewhere....thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.
                This will also allow a work around for a few other products whereby the decimilsation is different between Esignal and IB. eg; mexican peso, copper.

Comment

Working...
                X