Order Ticket Designator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order Ticket Designator

Hi when using the latest version of Esignal, and using the Order Ticket attached to an advanced chart.....

(For futures and a code using 6A 1!
    I have mapped and used this to add trades into IB already)

The two buttons <Bid> and <Ask>....how do i get them to actually update the bid or ask price. OR at least to populate the Price field in the first place, as otherwise you spend your whole time typing in prices (which sort of defeats the purposes of the buttons?).
    Currently if i hit either button it resets the price field to 0.
    thanks.
    Attached Files

Adina,

The symbol your using (6A 1!) is a custom symbol created at the desktop level and therefore not known by the server providing Bid/Ask data.

The workaround to this would be to use the 6A #F symbol in place of the 6A 1! or the current month symbol 6A U..

Comment

Thanks.
      I understand......
      I had set everything up in the system to match the 1! codes so that they match my rolling periods, and not just the default.

I guess the only real viable option at this stage is to keep on top of manually updating esignal codes when i roll (the #F dont fit here) ....not such a problem....i guess i was just hoping to avoid this.
      Thanks.

Comment

One other question related to this....
        Is there a way to determine which month the #F is reading/accessing.

For example if I open a chart up using the #F..... is there a way to see which month it is actually referring to (september, or October for example).

Comment

The current, most active contract will generally mirror the data you see on the #F symbol in a quote sheet. You can also Right click on the Symbol and select AutoList. The AutoList will show several contracts but you should be able to pair up the #F with the most active contract on the list.

Comment

Working...
          X