Globex fee waiver program: questions on IB plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Globex fee waiver program: questions on IB plugin

EDIT: Moved to Integrated Trading Forum.

Hi Scott,
    I have accounts at both optionsXpress and Interactive Brokers.
    The optionsXpress plug-in installed no problem. When I attempt to install IB plug-in I can't connect to IB. I noticed during OX install there was provisions for adding account # and password. However, the IB install doesn't provide for an account # nor password.
    Am I doing something wrong? How can I activate the IB plug-in?
    Thanks,
    Bob
    Bob Fitzpatrick
    San Francisco

The Interactive Broker KB Article 1678 gives step by step instructions on how to configure the plug in. It should help you with getting the plug-in configured. If after reading you're still unable to get connected please contact Technical Support or PM me with your contact information and a good time for troubleshooting and we'll contact you.

I noticed during OX install there was provisions for adding account # and password. However, the IB install doesn't provide for an account # nor password.
    The IB Plug in does not require a username and password because it using the credentials from TWS when establishing a connection. Once the connection is established all trades or communications between eSignal and Interactive Brokers would go through TWS.

Comment

Globex Free waiver ???

Avery,
      I went to Account Maintenance, but I don't see where I add the 'Globex' free subscription.
      I read the article (KB), but I still don't understand how the whole thing works as far as trading thru the 'broker plugin'. I have the 'IB' plugin and it is activated.
      Do the trades have to be Futures/Forex trades to be qualified for the free quotes, or would stock trades be acceptable ?
      Could someone elaborate how this entire feature works.
      I have an E.O.D. subscription, so I would be limited in my Futures trading.
      Thanks,
      JK.
      Last edited by JknPA; 08-25-2009, 12:30 PM.

Comment

JK,

I went to Account Maintenance, but I don't see where I add the 'Globex' free subscription.
        The Globex Fee Waiver is for user with a real-time CME subscribers. As an E.O.D. user this option is not available for you.

But should you decide to upgrade your service to one of the other eSignal/Advanced Get products there is no requirement as to the type of instrument that has to be trades. Simply that you using the Integrated Trading and regularly log to your funded account regularly.

For complete details on this program, visit this KB Article.

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Comment

Hi,

You need to have a real-time level of service in order to subscribe to the Globex fee-waiver service.

How it works? It's pretty simple. As long as you have a funded account with one of the brokers in the program, and you can successfully log into your account via our Trade Integration, we can waive the Globex fees, just like your broker does. For the trade integration piece, you'll need the latest broker plug-in and eSignal 10.5. You can still execute trades through other applications but you'll need to at least log-into your broker account using our trade integration at least once a month.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
            Hi,

You need to have a real-time level of service in order to subscribe to the Globex fee-waiver service.
            .................................................. ..............................................
            Well, I guess you fooled me, because I didn't see that listed as one of the requirements........... but then again it's hard to find good technical writers!
            See requirements below..............
            .................................................. ...................................
            1. Open (or have) a funded account with one of the broker partners listed below.
            2. Download and run the latest version of eSignal (version 10.5 and newer).
            3. Download and use the broker plug-in to your eSignal account within 1 week.
            4. Use the broker plug-in at least once a month.

Comment

Hadn't come up before but you are technically correct. We'll add that additional requirement. Thank you.

Comment

Constructive criticism....

Scott,
                It was just a little 'constructive criticism', I wasn't trying to be harsh.
                I mainly use Esignal for data for my other E.W. software program. My broker has a good trading platform, so I really don't trade of the Esignal charts, but I still look at them and use them for technical analysis.
                I was hoping the Globex data would give me additional data for my E. W. software( uses E.O.D.), that is why I ask about the new feature!
                So I'm back to square one again!
                Best wishes,
                JK.

Comment

Working...
                X