bracket order not sent out together with new order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bracket order not sent out together with new order

I am using the latest eSignal and IB plugin. I just started using it for several days but there are many issues:

i) I have already attached bracket order in the "order defaults". But when my order was closed the bracket order was not sent together.
    remark: sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

ii) when I set bracket order to be active and also confirmation to be active by default and place an order, I am able to disable the bracket order when I am asked for confirmation. But when I drag the order line, I am no longer given the option to disable the bracket order

iii) sometimes my long position is marked in red (I believe it is supposed to be in green). This happens when I try to place another order to sell the same instrument. So the 2nd order (to sell) is in red and the first long position is shown in red too.
    Last edited by Richard Yu; 08-25-2009, 10:40 AM.

Richard,

iii) sometimes my long position is marked in red (I believe it is supposed to be in green). This happens when I try to place another order to sell the same instrument. So the 2nd order (to sell) is in red and the first long position is shown in red too.
    When a long position is red it's usually an indication that your negative in the P/L and positive P/L is Blue (These are the default setting in the Advanced Chart Properties). Also any buy positions that have not yet been filled are in green and Sell orders that have not yet been filled are Red.

ii) when I set bracket order to be active and also confirmation to be active by default and place an order, I am able to disable the bracket order when I am asked for confirmation. But when I drag the order line, I am no longer given the option to disable the bracket order
    This is correct, and if I'm not mistaken that's by default, if you want to cancel the bracket you would need to cancel the entire order and Start over. You also have the option to canceling the bracket once the original order is filled.

i) I have already attached bracket order in the "order defaults". But when my order was closed the bracket order was not sent together.
    I'm not sure I understand, are you saying that when your original order was closed that the bracket order you set with it didn't cancel at the same time?

Comment

Working...
    X