Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS not taking trades.

Hi

I have an EFS that is not taking trades on my demo account.
    I have read a past post that said use the code:
    buyMarket(getSymbol() , 10, "Account Manager", 473851, SB_DAY);

This code seems to bring up an order ticket but i am trying to get the efs to place the trades without my intervention.
    I am at ends to work out why.

I have attached the main function below.

I have contacted programmers but still can not get it to work.

Any help would be greatly appricated.

Thanks

Jeremy
    Attached Files

You need to turn off some features of the paper trader feature to get it to take trades without the confirmation windows.

If you click on TRADE, then PAPER TRADER ACCOUNT then CONFIRMATIONS, you'll see a small window with two CHECKBOXES. Uncheck both of these options, then click ACCEPT, then try your efs again and it should work the way you want.
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Hi Brad
      Thank you for your reply.
      Are you referring to original code when you talk about the efs taking trades by changing the settings in the paper trader or are you referring to the change of code that I found in the forum?

Thanks again for your input.

Jeremy

Comment

Hi Brad
        Thanks for your help once again.

I have unchecked the box in my paper trader and that allowed the efs to place trades.
        The problem is it keeps freezing my eSignal as it opens so many trades. I keep getting 230 pending orders.
        I contacted the original programmer about changing the code and he informed me the efs will not work the way i want it to using that code.
        I want to add a few filters but i really want to get this part of the code working properly first.
        I will attach the original efs for you to look at if you can.
        Again any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Just some thoughts,

There are a couple of instances of:
          PHP Code:
          getMinTick(1
          It should be:
          PHP Code:
          getMinTick()
          //or
          getMinTick(symbol
          On line 148 consider changing:
          PHP Code:
          tt<MaxTrades 
          //with 
          tt<=MaxTrades 
          Last, the trades run into each other. In other words it enters a short even though it is still in a long and vice versa and seems to loose the exit sometimes.

Consider changing lines 149 and 154 from:
          PHP Code:
          if (takelong && !Strategy.isLong()){
          if (
          takeshort && !Strategy.isShort()){ 
          to
          PHP Code:
          if (takelong && !Strategy.isLong() && !Strategy.isShort()){
          if (
          takeshort && !Strategy.isShort() && !Strategy.isLong()){ 
          wayne
          Last edited by waynecd; 10-08-2009, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Chart showing bid only prices

Hi

Thanks Brad and Wayne for your comments. I have the efs taking trades now thanks to Brad.
            My new problem is as follows:::::
            I need to send limit orders to the paper trader, not market orders. Unfortunatley you can't send limit orders to the paper trader .
            Using a long example:
            The problem i am having is when the trade perameters are met the efs sends a market order to the paper trader. The efs is based on price retracing to a certain level then an order is sent to the paper trader. So if prices retraces to for eg 1078, a buy order is sent to the paper trader and my fill will be 1078.25 as i am buying at the ask. After 3 ticks of profit are achieved (1078.75 from original buy order of 1078) the efs send a sell order to the paper trader and my fill is 1078.50 as i am selling at the bid. So i have lost 2 ticks of profit before slippage.
            I am getting quite a lot of slippage also as the chart seems to lag the price by half a second or more. So when the efs sends an order the actual price has already moved. this could work in my favour also but it hasn't so far.

A simple solution would be to have the chart show only bid prices.
            I can't seem to find a setting that allows you to only show bid prices on the chart.
            Is there a way to show bid prices only??
            Thanks

Jeremy

Comment

Working...
            X