No announcement yet.

"Failed to place order: No security definition has been found for the request"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Failed to place order: No security definition has been found for the request"

After upgrade from 10.5 MR to 10.5 MR2 (and the corresponding IB plugin), I got the msg "Failed to place order: No security definition has been found for the request" whenever I tried to place an order. It worked fine before the upgrade.

Any advice?

PS: I have not uninstalled eSignal and IB plugin before installing new eSignal and the IB plugin.

Hi Richard,

It seems you should set up "Route" value in order defaults to an appropriate value for your symbol(s) or (if you trade from Trade Manager) select an appropriate Route in combo box.

Thank you.

Comment

I'm using 11.5 sp2 and the last couple days my first order submissions hang then eventually I get a "Failed to place order" message which keeps happening until I quit the platform and reboot the computer. Very frustrating to finally be right and see the target hit without me! I'm using IB on the TSX. What are the possible causes of this error? Everything was working fine until yesterday.

Thanks

note: I'm not certain a reboot is necessary, I don't have any reason to suspect my computer, just trying to cover the bases.
      Last edited by dr1990; 03-15-2013, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X