Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order linde disapear

Hello

I installed the newest IB Plugin 1698. After pressing the buy/sell button on the toolbar I can move the order line over the chart and place the order. When the order is transmitted, the line disapear on the chart, that was not the case before. This way, I'm not able to move and correct an active limit/stop order.
    I checked all settings but cannot find, how to show the order line on the chart.

Do you have any idea what I can do?

Peter

Order lines appear, but cannot move them

I am having a similar problem after installiing the newest version of eSignal and IB plug in.
    I can move or modify the profit target bracket, but not the stop loss, and when I tried to move it, it disapear.

Any ideas ?

Comment

I reinstalled the version 1670 and it works again. It seems, that there is really a problem with v1698.

Comment

Order line problem

I did the same, problem solved. The old version is good.
        Thanks

Comment

I am also experiencomg the same problem with v1698 for IB.
          Last edited by hanspeterusa; 10-19-2009, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the information we'll do some testing on our side and post our finding.

In the mean time can you please let me know the following information:

eSignal Version
            IB Bridge Version

Comment

Originally posted by eSignal_AveryH
              In the mean time can you please let me know the following information:

eSignal Version
              IB Bridge Version
              eSiganal Version: 10.5.1721.1140
              IB Bridge Version: 1.2.1670.1005
              Windows Vista SP1

I thought, that I had installed v1671 before I tried v1698. Because it was not working correct, I found just v1670 in the forum and installed this one again and all the problems with the order line disappeared. As long as v1698 does not work, I keep v1670.

Peter

Comment

AveryH,

I have the problem with the following configuration:

IB Plugin- 1.2.1698.952
                eSignal- 10.5.1721.1140 (9/17/2009)
                Windows Vista SP1

Thanks,
                Hans
                Last edited by hanspeterusa; 10-20-2009, 06:22 PM.

Comment

same issues with 1698 and 1721.114

Hi Avery,

Not only did my open orders no longer appear, orders placed through my script to the eMinis no longer triggered (!)

When I reverted back to 1670, the open orders displayed again on the chart, but for some reason the eMini trades are still not triggering... I even reinstalled eSignal, but no luck.

My automated trading script works fine for equities though.

This is very wierd...

Any input / help would be appreciated.

Ryan.

Comment

Hello Ryan,

Sorry for the delay in answering, this does sound like some very weird behavior. I can't think of a reason as to why the order would stop trigger. You may want to check in the Symbol mapping, sometime on the reinstall the Symbol do not map back correctly.

Check the Trade-->Interactive Broker--> Symbol Mapping to make sure you still has the mappings in place.

Also try just manually sending an order to TWS and see if the orders get passed up to TWS.

AveryH
                    eSignal Support

Comment

Hello

I made an upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows 7 and installed again the plugin V1698. I run eSiganl in XP SP3 compatibility mode, but not as an administrator and I didn't desabled the UAC. Windows 7 provides more securiy, so I think it makes no sense to disable those features as long as it works this way.

I have no problems now with the order lines. The only problem I discovered is that eSignal shows sometimes IB as connected (IB:OK in the bottom line) even if the TWS is not started. The account manager shows no information for my account in this case. When I disconnect and reconnect when the TWS ist started, then the API makes a real connection to IB and I have to accept the incoming attempt.

Comment

Yes, the IB connected box shows green for me too, even if the TWS is not started.

Regarding my previous post - I tried all the suggestions from Avery, but no luck. For example: eMinis YM Z9 or YM #F do not trigger via the API, but all equities trigger from my script execute via the IB Bridge without any trouble - everytime.

This is problematic because I play the eMinis and would like a resolution please. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
                        Ryan.

Comment

Ryan,

I guess what I need to know is what happens when you try and place trades for the minis with your script? Do you get an error message, any other windows pop up?

Lastly would it be possible to get the scripts you’re running to test here?

Hans.

I'll test what you've reported today; in the meantime can you tell me what messages show up in the Account Manager's Message tab and what color the connection indicator light is on the bottom of the Account Manager window? You can email a screenshot of the Account Manager Message Tab that would help immensely.

Comment

Sure... where do you want me to email the information to?

Regards,
                            Ryan.

Comment

Ryan you can email it over to [email protected]

Avery

Comment

Working...
                              X