IB Plug-in: Defaults not applied when placing order on chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IB Plug-in: Defaults not applied when placing order on chart

When I place a Buy or Sell order on a chart, my defaults are not properly applied. For example, I configured my default to use a particular account; but when I attempt to place an order, it is applied to a different account. In order to work around this, I would have to make sure to turn on "Confirm order before submitting" and then make appropriate changes on the fly.

I have attached a screenshot of my Order Default settings and the initial order confirmation window that results from placing an order on a chart.

The Plug-in version used is 1698.
    Attached Files

hansperterusa,

Thank you for the post, after some testing it it appear that the order tick defaults to the first Account in the list for your Friends and Family. I'll forward this to our Product Manager and our Development Team. Once we have solutions I'll post back.

Comment

Hans,

I was checking the new plug in to see if it address what you've reported below. In the testing completed I don't see that it resolves the issue of Accounts. It appears that when the orders are placed that it always displays the first Account within the drop list.

I'll continue to test after the holiday to see if there is a workaround that can be used until we can get this resolved.

Comment

Avery,

Thanks for the update. Have a great Thanksgiving (if you are here in the states)!

Hans

Comment

Hello Avery,

I have just now been able to test the new plug-in for IB. Now it seems that I cannot place any order on ES emini futures. When I attempt to place an order from the chart, I would get an error after pressing the 'Submit' button from the confirmation window. The error is-

- "Failed to place order: No security definition has been found for the request" -

I do not think I am doing anything differently. I am still using the same version of IB TWS and using ES Z9 as the symbol. Let me know if you would like screenshots of my process. I can create a .doc file and attach it to this thread. As always, I have to change the Account field on the Order Ticket window before pressing 'Submit'.

When I try the 'IBM' symbol, for example, I do not have the problem.

By the way, this may not be a big deal, but I do not think I have noticed this before, but when eSignal connects to IB, I get two pop-up windows from IB TWS with the following:

- Accept incoming connection attempt? (Yes) (No) -

I remember having to respond to only one of these windows with the previous plug-in.

Here are the versions used in my test:
          eSignal: 10.5.1721.1140 (9/17/2009)
          IB plug-in: 1783
          IB TWS: Build 899.8, Nov 9, 2009
          Last edited by hanspeterusa; 12-08-2009, 06:44 AM.

Comment

IB Plug-in: EFS orders and attached order ticket orders not working

Hi Avery,

I am also having similar problems with trades on Dax futures contract AX Z9-DT.

When I attempt to place an order from the attached order ticket, I get an error after pressing the 'SELL' or 'BUY' button . The error is-

- "Failed to place order: No security definition has been found for the request"

Also my EFS generated orders are not executing either.

I am having this problem on the following setup:
            eSignal: 10.5.1721.1140
            IB plug-in: 1783 (also tried it with 1698 and 1504 - still same problem)

I have another system (separate PC) running which works perfectly fine - both for EFS orders (exactly the same code as on other PC) and Attached Order Ticket orders. The setup on this one is:
            eSignal: 10.3.1491.1162
            IB plug-in: 1504

Is there some additional setup required in ver 10.5 that I haven't previously neded to do - in terms of "definitions" ?

Thanks,
            Sandra.

Comment

I apologize for the delay,

This error is associated with the Route you're using when placing your orders.

Please go to Trade-->Interactive Broker-->default Order Highlight Futures. On the right side of the windows change the Route from (I'm guessing SMART) to GLOBEX. This will resolve the issue for you Han.

Sandra you'll need to change your ROUTE to EUREX.

Please let me know if you continue to have issues.

Avery

Comment

IB Plug-in problems

Hi Avery,

I have tried what you suggested - the default was set to SMART so I have changed it to EUREX but it is still giving me the same message when I try to order from the Attched Order Ticket.

Thaks.

Sandra

Comment

Your suggestion of setting the default for futures to GLOBEX helped get rid of the error window, but solving this seems to reveal a new problem. When I attempt to place a buy limit order, for example, on the chart, no order line is displayed but the order exists on IB TWS.

I'm still using the same software versions as before.

Comment

Hey Sandra,

I gave you the incorrect exchange, the DAX trades on the Deutshce Terminborse (DTB). Changing the exchange to DTB will correct the issue for you.

AveryH
                    eSignal Support

Comment

Hans,

This one I'm not able to reproduct. Even with the new version of TWS Build 900 I'm seeing the orders displayed on the charts.

So my setup is as follows;

XP SP3
                      eSignal 10.5.1721
                      TWS 900
                      IB Bridge 1.2.17893.716

Comment

Hi Avery,

I discovered that it works with ES H0, but continue to have the same problem with ES Z9. Were you using ES H0 in your testing?

There is not much time left for ES Z9, so this could be a mute issue. It would be good to test ES M0 when possible.

I'm out of time today, but I'll try to do more testing this week.

Hans
                        Last edited by hanspeterusa; 12-16-2009, 09:11 PM.

Comment

IB PLUGIN

Thanks Avery - probelm solved. EFS orders are also working now.

Comment

Hans,

Here are two screenshot of my machine with the trades from this morning on the charts.

Please let me know if you're continuing to see the issue and we can try and setup a time that we can troubleshoot.

One other question have you updated the TWS to the newest verion TWS 900.6? I'm seeing some inconsistant behavior there and I'll post once I've had chance to do more testing.

AveryH

Comment

Avery,

I eventually got this working. What seems to have helped is that I noticed a couple of different entries in the Symbol Mapping window for ES Z9. So I deleted them and then tried it again, which is when I was able to enter an order on the chart again.

My theory is that Symbol Mapping remembered and still used an old entry for ES Z9 created when I did not correctly have "GLOBEX" selected in the Order Defaults window.

Thanks,
                              Hans
                              Last edited by hanspeterusa; 12-17-2009, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X