Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USDJPY Positions Dont Show

Hi All,

I'm using the Oanda plugin and the USDJPY positions don't show in the charts.

I have three strategies running, one on each of USDAUD, EURCHF and USDJPY. On the other two the current position held with Oanda shows up as a red line at my position average, tells me whether it's long or short and the number of units held.

With USDJPY even though I'm using USDJPY A0-FX as the symbol to place the trade through ESignal with Oanda, the red line never appears on either the USDJPY A0-FX or JPY A0-FX graphs. Note putting the symbol JPY A0-FX as the one to trade fails to make any trades, so you have to put USDJPY A0-FX.

Is there a fix for this or something I'm doing wrong?

I've also noticed that the USDJPY gives insane results for backtesting (e.g. the profits/losses are in the millions when only a small number of units is purchased).

Cheers,
    - Will

Hello Will,

Thanks for the post I'll investigate this on our end and once I have more information I'll post back.

Comment

Thanks Avery, would be nice to be able to see my position on the charts!

Cheers mate,
      - Will

Comment

Will,

When I map the JPY A0-FX to Oanda USD/JPY I was able execute a trade, with the currency pair (USDJPY A0-FX) price does not match that being desiminated from Oanda so the trade will not the executed.

If you're placing trade my guess is that the order are being place at the 0.01140 range which would putting your line pretty low on the chart.

This excerpt from the Forex Symbol Format give a good explaination of the reversal taking place.

US Dollar per Currency format (i.e. USDEUR A0-FX) is used when crossing the US Dollar with another currency. Please note that in most cases the quote is the amount of US Dollars per 1 of the specified currency, but in some cases the quote is the reverse, that is the amount of currency per US Dollar (ex. Yen, Swiss Franc).

Comment

Hi Avery,

I think this may be a mapping problem with ESignal still, Oanda quotes USDJPY correctly as for example 86.742, the same as the chart JPY A0-FX.

If you have an open position in Oanda, and zoom out on the graph in eSignal it doesn't list the trade being open at around 0 or 86 on the JPY A0-FX graph.

Cheers,
          - Will

Comment

Hey Avery,

Just to verify, you don't have to manually set the mappings somewhere do you? With the others they just work (e.g. AUD A0-FX and EURCHF A0-FX).

Cheers,
            - Will

Comment

In most cases the mapping is automatic, I did a manual mapping just to confirm that the correct symbols were being used.

Here's a screenshot of my Symbol mapping for Oanda as well as my chart with the executed order. Yours should be setup in the same manner.

Comment

Ahh thanks Avery, found the Symbol Mapping and set it up so that JPY A0-FX mapped correctly to USD/JPY.

The only thing is that although it reports the correct values e.g.:

Short 137560 @ 86.979

Even though the current price is 87.01 it's reporting that I'm at a $5000+ loss (rather than about $70).

I have the tick size set to 1/1000
                Point Value set to 1.00

Have tried some variations but cannot seem to get it to report the correct value.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
                - Will

Comment

Sorry for the delay,

The number seem to be working out just about right. If you're short that many shares times .03 it's comes out to just over $4000.

Comment

Working...
                  X