Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracket orders not transmitting to TWS

Hi,

When I send a single buy/sell order from esignal to TWS it appears in TWS. no problem. But if I use a bracket order the take profit/stop loss orders do not appear in TWS.

I have read the thread on this and updated IB plugin from 1698 to 1783 (although the poster was using an even older version).

My setup is:

esignal: 10.5.1721.1140
    IB Plugin: 1.2.1783
    TWS: 889.7

Can you help please.
    Many thanks,
    Crom

Bump!

Apologies for bumping...but can anyone help...driving me nuts!

many thanks.

Comment

Crom
      When I send a single buy/sell order from eSignal to TWS it appears in TWS. no problem. But if I use a bracket order the take profit/stop loss orders do not appear in TWS.
      When you say that the order is seen in TWS has it just been or has it been filled or has it just been sent to TWS and is still a working order?

If you have not yet been filled this is the expected action. Until your primary order is filled it cannot determine the Brackets.

If the order has been filled and you're not seeing the secondary order there are a couple of things that it could be. The Brackets may be cancelled for some reason. The best thing to do is when the order fills check the message tab for additional message that would give some type of indication as to what action has taken place.

Hopefully this helps.

Comment

Avery, thanks very much for pointing this out. I didn't want to transmit an actual order until I knew I had it working properly. Now I do I'll give it ago.

Happy Christmas!

Comment

Crom,

Glad we could be of assistance, please let me know if you have any other questions or experience any issues.

Comment

Working...
          X