X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generic Brokers samples

Hi all,
    I'm new with esignal and EFS.
    I've found two trading samples in KB, that hardly shows the usage of Generic Broker functionality- without auto-trading scenario.
    The GB reference itself is too short-it barely explains the method syntax without providing a realistic real-life example (in enter/exit position context).
    I'd like to see, how can I use that functionality, say the following scenarios: 1.open long position(with specific target profit and stop loss) based on dummy enter condition.
    2.Update target profit /stop loss of the currently opened position (without closing it) based on some dummy condition.
    3. Close currently opened position based on dummy condition (should I update target profit threshold or just close it with buyLimit/sellLimit).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
    Michael

Hello Michael,

Using GB by itself is not suitable for automated trading at this juncture. Please see my reply to you here as well. The main issue is that the EFS environment does not have 2-way communication with your brokerage account so you have no way of knowing if an order was filled or rejected or the fill price etc. Again, this is something we will be working on in 2010.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
    X