chart-trader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chart-trader

Today I wanted to give the integrated chart-trader a try.
    Installed the latest IB plug-in, TWS (IB paper-trader for testing ) and latest esignal running also.
    Made IB my default. Set up order defaults and IB symbol. If I go into the default broker tab I can trade just fine.
    When I want to use the chart trade-buttons, all it gives me is the esignal symbol. Trying to add the IB symbol shows an error message that I should use another alias!?
    Setting up the chart-trader to display on the right margin doesn't seem to work either, it stays on the bottom.

Please advice

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the post,

When I want to use the chart trade-buttons, all it gives me is the esignal symbol. Trying to add the IB symbol shows an error message that I should use another alias!?
    The error message is when the Interactive Broker symbol your trying to map to is already associated with another symbol in your symbol list. A good example would be mapping two different eSignal symbols (ES H0 and ES #F) to only one IB.

Setting up the chart-trader to display on the right margin doesn't seem to work either, it stays on the bottom.
    Not quite sure what you mean when you say stays on the bottom, the two options are right and left. I can only think that if you placed the trade at a price point that is at the bottom of the chart. If you could provide screenshot it would be helpful in troubleshooting.

Comment

Hi Avery, thanks for holiday-reply :-)

Even when I delete all IB mapped symbols and start attach order ticket, it offers me the edit menu with the esignal symbol.
      Once I go thru look-up and enter the proper symbol it takes the trade once. If I click on the trade button again, it offers the edit symbol menu again with the esignal symbol, and I need to go thru look-up again. This time it shows the alias error.
      The order ticket window never displays the IB symbol, it only displays the esignal symbol.
      I don't know where to find this alleged "double mapping".
      I always use AX 1!-DT, I even pulled up AX H0-DT and deleted all mapped symbols, to no avail.
      I guess I need to start over, so please provide detailed instructions.

With staying at the bottom I was referring to having the trade buttons vertically on the right side of the screen.

Have a good Saturday

Matt

Comment

Hey Matt,

Thank for the reply, I think I know what might be the problem is.

From the description you've give I think what's most likely happening is when you finish the mapping the Alias (eSignal Symbol)is changing from the what it should be (AX 1!-DT,) to the IB the March Contract.(AX H0-DT), Check your symbol mapping to see that the Alias is the same as what is in your charts.

As far as the alignment for right and left it is for displaying the actual trades on the charts. I don’t think it does anything for the buy sell buttons.

If you continue to have problems with mapping please post a screenshot of the Symbol mapping page and we can go from there.

Comment

Great, that did it,had to edit the alias name. Thanks Avery.

Do you have a page with IB system requirements for chart-trader, such as TWS and API version?

How does chart-trader handle partial fills?
          (Just had a partial fdax fill, the remaining order was canceled and no brackets applied!)

Minor stuff:

the fill details are displayed on the left and bracket details on the right, how do I put them both on the right?

Would it be possible to have the option to display the entry buttons on the vertical right of the screen in a future version?

Have a good day
          Matt

Comment

I'm not quite sure on how the partials orders are filled I would have to find out from the Product Manager/Developers.

the fill details are displayed on the left and bracket details on the right, how do I put them both on the right?
            Strangely enough you can have the every left but not right. This is something you might want to request as an enhancement for a future release. You could also include the request for the order buttons.

Thanks for the post and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Happy New Year Avery and Co.

I'd appreciate, if you could find out the partial fill logic.

Where are the chart-trading settings stored, so I can transfer them to another PC?

Cheers
              Matt

Comment

Happy New Year to you Matt,

The partial fills works like this; with in the API there is a setting of Fill or Kill. This means that if an order is partially filled the remaining portion will be Killed or cancelled.. For order placed within TWS there is a similar setting of Sweep to fill. If left unchecked would also cancel the unfilled portion of an order.

The other option within TWS would be the All or None setting which would not fill the order unless it could get all the shares at the desired price.

Now the question of the day;
                Where are the chart-trading settings stored, so I can transfer them to another PC?
                The setting are in the %UserProfile%\Application Data\eSignal\QuoteTrader\1\Configuration.xml and the IB Dictionary (All of you symbols) are a few levels up in %UserProfile%\Application Data\IBPlugin\IBDictionary.dat

Have a good weekend and let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Hi Avery,

is this API setting of fill or kill adjustable?
                  Actually, I am using market orders to avoid partial fills.
                  So it would be important to have the API wait for a complete fill and then apply the bracket.

Thanks again

Matt

Comment

is this API setting Fill or Kill adjustable?
                    The Fill or Kill not be an easy adjustment to do as it would affect all users and require a code change of the API.

A request would need to be put in with the Integrated Trading Manager for the change to be implemented then approved with eSignal Management.

Comment

Hello Avery,
                      let me post my #1 wish on my wish-list:

Leave some trade markers on the chart once the trade is over, such as entry, exit and corresponding bracket. This would make reviewing the trades a lot easier.

Maybe this could be implemented in a future version.

Thanks

Comment

Matt

Thanks for the post and the idea, I'll forward it on to the Integrated Trading Product Manager.

Comment

Working...
                        X