What is the status of Redi-Plus and eSignal integrated Trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the status of Redi-Plus and eSignal integrated Trading

I was under the impression that RediPlus was one of the available Automated Trading Brokers.

Is anyone doing automated trading with RediPlus?

Is there a plugin available so I can do so?

Thank you.

Glen
    Last edited by demarcog; 03-24-2010, 01:06 PM.
    Glen Demarco
    [email protected]

-

Hello Glen,

We do not yet support true automated trading. Regarding REDIPlus, we do not have an integration as we have not been able to form a marketing or support agreement with Goldman Sachs.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thank you Jason..
      Glen Demarco
      [email protected]

Comment

Jason,

I am a licensed customer of RediPlus and just got the updated and extensive REDIPLUS API documentation yesterday.

I need to find a way of connecting eSignal and RediPlus for rudimentary buy/sell orders. The esignal generic orders is fine for me at this point. I realize I'm on my own as far as support and neither eSignal nor GS bares any responsiblity or liability. That's understood and not a problem.

If anyone at all has an interest in colaborating on integration of eSignal and RediPlus please contact me at [email protected].

I've got all the doc on the REDI side and wanted to ask for suggestions on how to proceed.

As always Jason I can't thank you, Alexis, Brad, Steveh, Steve Meyer, the AGET guys (Nate, Ron, Tod, Tom) etc. enough for all the help you and others have generously provided all of us on the forum. After 10 years of tyring with your help I'm finally trading for a living, ie., feeding and suporting my wife and kids. Not rolling in it but surviving. That simply would not be the case without you guys and I for one wanted you to know that there is at least one of of us out there who will be forever grateful to you all.

Glen
        Last edited by demarcog; 04-21-2010, 10:51 AM.
        Glen Demarco
        [email protected]

Comment

Hello Glen,

Thank you for your comments. Good to hear of your success.

Regarding your custom RediPlus integration, you might want to take a look at our Desktop API, which would allow you to get eSignal data into your app that is integrated with the RediPlus API.

If you wanted to connect trade signals from EFS to your app, you could use file I/O or create a dll that you pass signals to from the EFS dll object.

Good luck.
          Jason K.
          Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
          EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Jason,

Thanks for the kind words and information, getting there, success comes more slowly for some of us!

I'll look at the Desktop API doc, File I/O and DLL object and Redi Doc. This is a bit more complicated then I anticipated.

Not sure I'm understanding the complexities. Does this make sense. Solution #1 would ideally be an "app" as you refer to it would be a full blown "Plug-In" and Redi/EFS would be integrated similiar to EFS and IB? That would basically would be either a standalone or integrated windows program that understands and translates both REDI and the EFS API via the generic broker functions?

That may be ideal but over my head.

If Redi has a VBA "solution" whereby within excel for example a row is constructed essentially by the File I/O methods within EFS instead of executing the strategy.methods() would that sound like a possible solution? My EFS would simply send text to the XLS, CSV, TXT file whatever and a REDI aware macro or VBA would parse the data and send an order?

I realize it's not anywhere near the EFS/IB integration but should it work? I understand we talking rudimentary buying and selling.

Thanks Glen

Thanks Jason, be well.

Glen
            Last edited by demarcog; 04-22-2010, 11:56 AM.
            Glen Demarco
            [email protected]

Comment

Hi Glen,

I'm sure there are many ways to skin this cat such as excel vba or a stand alone application. I haven't done this myself so can only give you some ideas to explore. There are probably many developers out there that have implemented a custom integration with the Redi API. Hopefully one of them can offer you some additional ideas.

Originally posted by demarcog

If Redi has a VBA "solution" whereby within excel for example a row is constructed essentially by the File I/O methods within EFS instead of executing the strategy.methods() would that sound like a possible solution? My EFS would simply send text to the XLS, CSV, TXT file whatever and a REDI aware macro or VBA would parse the data and send an order?
              The bottom line is that you will have to explore it. The methods of the Redi API expect to receive certain values or data types. You just need an environment that can communicate with that API.

How you generate your trade signals is a matter of creativity on your part. One way as I suggested would be to write data to a text file from EFS with File I/O. Your app that is communicating with the Redi API would need to look for the text file(s) and parse its data into the format that you need.

EFS Generic broker functions are only for eSignal plug-ins and ActiveX api. If you use the ActiveX api in your development environment then you should be able to grab the data you need from those orders and then execute the Redi methods. Your app could then write info about your orders and position back to a file that your EFS could parse so that it can be made aware of the state of your broker account and then process certain logic in your EFS to generate exit signals or what ever is needed based on those states.

Not a trivial task, but possible. If you're a good developer or are working with one, making it work is just a matter of time and effort like any software.

I realize it's not anywhere near the EFS/IB integration but should it work?
              It should. The only reason it wouldn't would be due to bugs in your code or bugs in the APIs.
              Jason K.
              Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
              EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
              X