Cannot place order in IB paper traidng account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot place order in IB paper traidng account

I installed the latest IB plugin, and since then I am unable to place orders in my paper tradig account. I am however able to place orders in my live account.

There is no error message. Just nothing happens.

I have eSignal 10.6 and the latest TWS and Java installed.

Thanks.

Do you getting any type of error message when trying to place trades on the demo account?

Thanks in advance,

Comment

Originally posted by eSignal_AveryH
      Do you getting any type of error message when trying to place trades on the demo account?

Thanks in advance,
      No, none at all. Very weird.

Comment

First thing to check is on your demo account; has it been Enabled to accept incoming connections? Configure-->API-->Enable Active X and Socket Clients There should be a checkmark in the box.

Then check to see if the port socket numbers match between your Connection Setting Trade-->Interactive Brokers--Connection Settingsand TWS Configure-->Global Configuration-->API (see attached).

If these two setting are correct I can see why you wouldn't be able to place trades from this account.

You can also check the Message tab in Account Manger to see if there are any messages about not being able to trade the account.
        Attached Files

Comment

Avery,
          Everything checks out. There is no problem in connection because I am getting the pop-up messages 'Interactive Brokers connected/disconnected' every time I connect or disconnect. On TWS, I can also see the API tab being created if it wasn't there already.

There is no message in the message tab of the Account Manager menu (other than the usual connection messages). It is as if I never clicked the button!

All this started happenning after I upgraded to the latest versions of all the software.

Is there any error log hidden anywhere I could look at?

Thanks.

Originally posted by eSignal_AveryH
          First thing to check is on your demo account; has it been Enabled to accept incoming connections? Configure-->API-->Enable Active X and Socket Clients There should be a checkmark in the box.

Then check to see if the port socket numbers match between your Connection Setting Trade-->Interactive Brokers--Connection Settingsand TWS Configure-->Global Configuration-->API (see attached).

If these two setting are correct I can see why you wouldn't be able to place trades from this account.

You can also check the Message tab in Account Manger to see if there are any messages about not being able to trade the account.

Comment

This is a new one on me. I'd like to probably set up a time that we could take a look at this. Could you please PM your contact info and let set up a time that I can contact you and work in this.

Comment

Working...
            X