Edit / redefine the "tick size" etc in Trade Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit / redefine the "tick size" etc in Trade Manager

How do I edit / redefine the "tick size", "minimum movement", "price scale" and "point value" for a symbol I have created in trade manager?

I created a new symbol in trade manager using the Symbol drop box and using the 'create new symbol' entry.

The symbol I am trading is the <NIFTY J0-NSF >from the National Stock Exchange of India. The tick size is currently defined as 0.01 and the minimum price movement is also 0.01. In this setting the prices are to widely dispersed across the DOM to make sense of it. I am trying to edit the "tick size", "minimum movement", "price scale" and "point value" so that I am able to see the price dispersion.

But how do I edit these values?

Thanks,

Jose

To edit a symbol for Integrated Trading do the following.

Trade-->Your Brokers Name-->Symbol Mapping

Find the symbol to be edited in the list and highlight it.

Click the Edit Button on the right

In the Edit Symbol Window make the necessary correction for that symbol and click Accept.

Click Close on the Symbol Mapping window and you should be set to go.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

Editing symbol when paper trading

Hello,

I am in the process of integrating my brokerage with eSignal. At the moment we are just doing paper trading.

I do not get a brokers name under trade. How do I edit a symbol.

Regards,

Jose

Originally posted by eSignal_AveryH
      To edit a symbol for Integrated Trading do the following.

Trade-->Your Brokers Name-->Symbol Mapping

Find the symbol to be edited in the list and highlight it.

Click the Edit Button on the right

In the Edit Symbol Window make the necessary correction for that symbol and click Accept.

Click Close on the Symbol Mapping window and you should be set to go.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

With the eSignal Paper Trading this information is going to be what is pulled from the Data Manager and you would not have the ability to change the decimalization. The applications should add or remove the decimals as needed for the paper trade.

If this is a display issue please let me know and we'll see what we can do to get it corrected.

Comment

It is not uncommon to have the ES M0 appear as $0.25 per tick while paper trading. Only way I know to fix it is to keep closing the program and restarting it. Sometimes it doesn't reset til the next day.

Rather see you devote the time to the Generic Broker though, then try to fix this minor inconvenience.

Cheers.

Comment

Matter of display

Hello Avery,

Thanks for the response. Yes - it is a matter of display.

The NIFTY Futures (National Stock Exchange of India) that we trade (NIFTY J0-NSF) has a value of 5000 - but the the tick size defaults to 0.01. This makes the display in trade manager completely unmanageable as the Bid/Ask prices are too widely dispersed.

If you can set it to 0.25 it would help

Thanks and regards,

Jose

Originally posted by eSignal_AveryH
            With the eSignal Paper Trading this information is going to be what is pulled from the Data Manager and you would not have the ability to change the decimalization. The applications should add or remove the decimals as needed for the paper trade.

If this is a display issue please let me know and we'll see what we can do to get it corrected.

Comment

Working...
            X