can't use IB plug in suddenly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't use IB plug in suddenly

I have been using IB plugin for a long time but today it doesn't work. The menu option (under "Trade") is no longer available.

I ran the configurator again but got below msg:

any feedback?

Comment

Would someone from eSignal please advise?

Comment

Sorry about the delay in a response. I'm assuming that TWS continues to work just fine. Is that correct?

One think you could try for us would be to upgrade to the latest release of the plug-in and try again.

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...threadid=29996

Thanks.

Comment

I have already installed the latest version of plug-in.

I have tried again. This time the result is different:
          - I can see IB in the Trade Menu. I can set the symbol mapping here too (auto lookup works)
          - the buy/sell buttons are not in grey. But there is no action when I press them
          - in the status bar (bottom), it shows "Broker: N/A"

Comment

Richard,

The first screenshot show that you have completed the test connection and you needed to click "Next" and Finished to create the connection.

in the status bar (bottom), it shows "Broker: N/A"
            This is an indication that there is No Default Broker Set. From eSignal click on Trade-->Preferences in the Integrated Trading select Interactive Brokers and click Make Default on the bottom Left

Please let me know if this corrects the issue.
            Attached Files

Comment

Actually it has already been set as default.

Last edited by Richard Yu; 06-08-2010, 09:58 AM.

Comment

I have installed the plug in again and now it works.

Actually it has happened before. Suddenly it doesn't work and when I install again it works.

It took some time to set all the order defaults and symbol mappings but it works now.

Comment

Richard,

There seems to be some confusion here, you stated that
                  the buy/sell buttons are not in grey . But there is no action when I press them
                  If the Status Bar shows Broker N/A the buy/Sell Buttons would have to inactive.

Is the possibility that we can contact you and see if we can get this working? If so please PM your contact information and a good time to contact you.

Comment

Good to hear that it's now working, please let me know if we can be of further assistance or it stops working.

Comment

Working...
                    X