Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems trading from charts

Hi Avery

I still have no feedback with regard to chart trading problems that I have had cancelling trades from the chart and being re-entered into another trade. i.e almost a looping situation.

Yesterday I tried another live trade with the following outcome. Process was as follows;

Right click on chart and select Sell

Left click at entry point - position line did not appear on chart.
    5 seconds later entry appears on chart as a filled order - stop position line not on chart.

Not wanting to be in trade without stop, I clicked flatten button in trade manager - no response

Grabbed phone to call broker and while dialling position closes

Checked with broker and confirmed trade was exited.

I really need a resolution on these issues please. I am using the latest version of eSignal, on a brand new pc with far more power than the specified requirements and am also using the most recent Zenfire plug in for Mirus.

Could you please provide some sort of update as I'm really unable to trade under these conditions

Thank you

Jason

Hey Jason,

After weeks of testing our Developers were finally about to duplicate the issue that we've been reporting and a new Plug-in is now in development to rectify this issue.

Once we've received, tested the new plug-in all of the Zen-Fire users will be notified.

I apologize for the wait and thank you for your patience.

Comment

Thanks Avery, I'm glad they were able to find something and I look forward to the new plug in.

Jason

Comment

Hi Avery

Are you able to give us an estimated timeframe on when we may get the new plug in to address this issue?

Are we looking at days, weeks or maybe months?

I only ask as I may have to consider an alternative trading platform in the interim.

Thanks

Jason

Comment

same problem

Hi Avery,

I am also having the same problem with trading in my live account. Last Thursday 17th June 2010 at 10:35am I had entered a short trade from the trade manager, when I hit the close position button in the trade manager I was automatically entered into a long trade. I then hit the flatten all button to close that position.
          It appears as if a reverse trade has been done but on its own accord.
          The same thing occurred at 11:32 am when trying to close another short trade. I saw the stop and profit lines dissappear from the chart but the entry order line remained visible. I hit the flatten all button as before but nothing happened. I hit the flatten all button again and then the trade was exited. On checking the Account Manager window I saw that 3 trades had been entered on this occasion not just the one I had instigated.

At the time of these trades the market was volatile and I was thinking that the speed of the market when closing these trades may be a factor in this problem. When closing a short position as above a buy must be made and the unauthorised trade was a long so the manager appears to be picking up 2 long orders instead of one when the button was hit.

I know you are working on it and I hope that this matter can be rectified asap

Thank you
          Rom

Comment

Rom, Avery, Jason, Rom's description is very similar to my original problem a couple of releases ago. Difference is, reverse orders seemed to be confined to the chart/virtual broker, as even though the positions kept reversing on the chart while trying to close them, there did not appear to be a reverse position opened with my broker. Closing eSignal down and firing up again was the only way I could get out of the reversing loop.

I wonder if perhaps there is no problem with the Zenfire plugin at all - rather the problem may be in the virtual broker. I get all kinds of weird things happen when using it in sim mode. Such as, the first trade seldom uses the default bracket settings, but following trades do. Half the time ES shows .25c per tick, the rest of the time it shows $12.50 per tick.

Whatever the problem, it would be nice to have it fixed.

Cheers

Merv

Comment

Hi Merv,
              Thanks for the imput, and I have also encounted the change in tick price whilst in sim mode. Though the execution of trades in sim has always worked correctly for me.

The unauthorosed trades in my live account have been registered with the broker causing a loss for the commission charged each trade and some minor tick losses thus far.

I have taken note of your temporary fix by closing and reopening Esignal.

Thanks

Rom

Comment

Hi All,

Thank you all for you comments, input and your patience while we work through this situation. I'll forward them on to our devleopers and Product Manager. We're hoping to have a new plug in ready for testing in the coming days and once testing is completed be ready to release it out to you.

Current ETA is early next week and we'll do all we can to try and stay on top of this date.

Comment

Thank you Avery

Comment

Avery, another bad experience with Zenfire last night. Any progress to report?

Cheers

Comment

Thank you. A couple of questions tho please.

Where is the log file stored?

When i installed on my XP pc, the install wizard asked for a reboot for it to become effective, however both Vista and W7 did not. Is this significant?

The version shown in the "about" box is 1.0.0.1, different to that shown in your release post. Has my install worked correctly?

Cheers

edt: and how do I "enable" log files?

edt2: 3 small trades and no reversing with latest version, which is good news. First 2 trades had bracket orders rejected, and 3rd. bracket worked. Will attach file if I can work out how. still don't know how to enable logging, or where log file is stored.

Last edited by merkro; 07-01-2010, 06:28 PM.

Comment

more problems

Hi Avery,
                        After receiving the email for the new plug-in last week, I installed the latest version of eSignal charts 10.6 and the new plug-in.
                        After instillation I tested the trading on demo and all worked fine.
                        Last Thursday I entered a live trade only to find that the trade particulars did not show on the chart nor in the trade manager window. The close position button was not hi-lighted in the manager so I hit the ‘flatten all’ button and the trade was closed.
                        I then closed all trade manager windows and reopened new ones checking all symbols were ok. I also double checked that chart trading indicators were ticked on in properties.
                        I entered a live NQ trade only to find the same thing. No trade appeared on the chart or trade manager, I was blind as to what was happening. I hit the ‘flatten all’ button only this time to have error messages appear. I hit the button a few times and then checked the Account manager to find all orders closed. I thought the trade had been closed.
                        Sometime later after speaking with other traders and our course trainer I decided to revert back to the old eSignal version and plug in.
                        About 1 ½ hours had elapsed before I was up and running again with the old version only to find the NQ trade was still open with my Stop loss and take profit orders removed.
                        I phoned Mirus to have the trade closed by them as I was unable to. This could have been very serious if the market had moved rapidly against my position without a stop in place.
                        I hope these problems with the plug-ins can be rectified shortly. I am losing confidence in trading through eSignal.
                        Rom

Comment

Rom,

Thank you for the additional information, with the new Zen Fire plug-in (1.2.2008) log should have been created that will give us a better idea of what's going on between eSignal and Zen-Fire. Select the operating system from below to get the correct path for your logs.

XP path: Document and Settings\%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\esignal\esignal\10\logs

Win7 path: Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\esignal\esignal\
                          10\logs.

Once you get the logs if you could email those logs to us we can see where the disconnect is happening.

Once again, thank you and we appreciate the continued patience.

Comment

Hi Avery

Just had another bad experience - has yet again cost me money.

Placed a trade on the chart, price began moving away from intended direction, cancelled the trade by clicking on the x, the result of this was that i was entered into a trade - my stop loss did not appear on screen - rang Miruds and had trade cancelled.

I will email you the log file but this really is getting extremely annoying.

Thanks

Jason

Comment

Jason,

I understand your frustration and that of other users experiencing the same situation. We're in constant communication with the developers in hopes of getting this resolved quickly.

If you have not yet done so, please send in the zenfile.log file to [email protected] as soon as you can. This will help in us see where the breakdown in the bridge is happening.

As a workaround for now we have a couple of users who've rolled back to on zen-fire.1964 . We'll keep you posted as to when a new bridge will be available.

Comment

Working...
                              X