Sending orders to IB trader through efs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending orders to IB trader through efs

Hi, I would like to build an automated trading system using just eSignal and IB Trader. I have downloaded and installed the required plug-in.
    Connection between esignal and IB Brokers is supported through efs by using the command:
    var VarName = new IBBroker;
    Then, I can use the variable VarName to submit orders to IB for example:
    VarName .Buy(PARAMETERS);
    However the problem is that this function (and other functions) return allways NULL.
    Is there anything wrong?
    Can I find somewhere a tutorial explaining me all the avaliable function for IB? I have found only examples using these functions but not a tutorial.
    Finally, is it possible to built a simple trading system using just efs and IB. If it is not could you suggest me another way (may create a c++ application using eSignal and IB desktop API???)

Hi, I have built an automated trading system as you describe. Check this link and let me know if you want to try it out...

Cheers,
    Ryan.

Comment

Thanks but this is not exactly what I am looking for. I would appreciate if you could answer some of my initial questions

Comment

In an attempt to help you answer your questions...

I know the internal efs function for Generic Broker Functions with IB support MARKET orders well. I don't believe any other order types are support (fully) yet. I know esignal is working on an update that will include more advanced automated order functions.

Now, with Market orders, you should be able to develop a simple system (automated). But if you need more than market orders, you'll have to use external utilities.

It appears the other poster has developed a utility to fire orders directly from the chart. I've done something like this as well. This type of solution is showing you what can be accomplished within EFS.

I've used NinjaTrader and other utilities to build completely automated trading systems for my clients and they work well. The issue with building a fully automated system is you have to keep working out the bugs and create "fail-safe" mechanisms untill you get it PERFECT.

If I can be of further help, please ask. I also suggest you review the Generic Broker Functions within the esignal knowledge base for further instructions.
        Brad Matheny
        eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

I just want to send orders from eSignal to IB Trader. Do you think that doing this by using efs functions is a reliable way or sould I try something else?
          Moreover, I haven't found any informetions about the efs functions for IB within the esignal knowledge base. I found only information about how to install the appropriate plug-in and setup eSignal in order to work with IB. Can I find anywhere information about efs functions?
          The only IBBroker functions I know are those:
          sell(...PARAMETERS...)
          buy(...PARAMETERS...)
          Should I use something else?
          Thanks for your help.

Comment

There are examples of the Generic Broker Functions within the eSignal EFS Knowledge Base. Many but not all of the functions also include the function calls for Interactive Brokers. In Article 1859 are all of the Broker Functions and a downloadable document for Formula Examples for Interactive Brokers.

Hopefully this will help you with your project.

Comment

I hadn't noticed that article. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Not a problem, glad we could be of assistance.

Comment

Working...
                X