Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot connect to GAIN Capital

Hi Guys,

I am a new subscriber to eSignal and this is my first post. I have an account with GAIN and am trying to install the GAIN capital plugin for eSignal with out success.

The installation fails at the connection testing phase. Cannot go past this level as the connection is neer esatablished with GAIN.

Could anyone please help me with the installation please.

My eSignal version is 10.6. I have used the latest GAIN plugin (*1593.exe).

Thanks,
    Jai

Hello Jai,

When you try to get connected or do the test connection are you receiving any type of error message(s)? Any screenshot you can provide would be helpful.

Most issues that occur with the GAIN Capital plug in have to do Branding. Which branding is going to depend on where the account resides.

Step 8 of the GAIN Capital KB Article 1740 gives the three different brands based on the account Type.

Hopefully this will help. Please let me know if you're still having issues.

Comment

Hi eSignal_AveryH,

Thanks for replying.

I have attached a snapshot of the error message I get while trying to install the plugin.

I have a LIVE account with GAIN and using the correct branding (GCUK) which I have just confirmed from GAIN.

It seems to be connecting and then failing.

Please have a look and let me know.

Thanks,
      Jai
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, what you may want to do there is do not do the Connection test; Remove the check market from the box that says “Test my connection when I click next".

Step 9 in the KB explains the Test connection. Because the GAIN Capital plug-in has to test server different port to find the one that you'll set up on it takes longer then the allotted time give for the test. By not doing the test you'll still create the connection and when you launch eSignal it will go through the necessary process of finding the correct port and complete the connection.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

eSignal_AveryH,

Thanks a lot.. That fixes it!

Jai

Comment

This is great news. Glad we could be of assistance.

Comment

Working...
            X