Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IB says not compatible with eSignal in 64 bit environment!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IB says not compatible with eSignal in 64 bit environment!!!

THIS FROM INTERACTIVE BROKERS ABOUT THE INTERFACE WITH ESIGNAL:

Dear Trader,

Please note even though you can run TWS and eSignal independently with no issues. There does seem to be a problem where the component files from eSignal does not connect to TWS in a 64 bit Environement. If you wisht to use eSignal in conjuntion with TWS and essentially trade off of eSignal with your IB account or use eSignal market data directly in TWS, IB would advise you to do so in a 32 bit Einvornment.

NOW THEY TELL ME!!! I have 3 each 64 bit computers.

What is being done about this - eSignal???

Dear Trader,

eSignal 10.6 is compatible with 64-bit processors including those made by Intel and AMD which continue to gain in popularity. eSignal 10.6 is written in 32-bit code but this does not impact its ability to run on a 64-bit operating system. We are currently developing a new 64-bit version of eSignal that we hope to release by the end of 2010.

In the meantime, your system should be able to run our software. Could you perhaps provide me with some more infomation on what exactly what you are having difficulties with and we can assist further assist you in resolving your issues.

Comment

The message I posted was from Interactive Brokers and they said what you said. That independently both are fine. When connected on the 64 bit platform there is a problem.

I followed up with them and asked who was reponsible for fixing this and when it would be done.

Here is their reply: FROM INTERACTIVE BROKERS

IB's Developers have been looking into this issue but unfortunately it would take much time for our developers to make the appropriate adjustements. This was deemed a low priority and unfortunately we do not have an eta on when this would be resolved. I can suggest you to send a followup e-mail in the future inquiring if this has been changed but I would not be able to provide an eta as to when it is expected to be resolved.

As you can see, and as confirmed by phone, they have many clients who interface with their API and in that mix, they feel it is not in their interest to fix the problem with eSignal's interface at this time.

eSignal could apply pressure but I have no evidence that is being done. Your new 11 version may not experience this issue but I don't know. A customer should NOT have to be in this mediation role. eSignal, please communicate directly with IB about this. Until such time as the problem no longer exists, both IB and eSignal should advise ALL CURRENT AND POTENTIAL customers that the 64 bit platorm may cause a problem BEFORE THEY INVEST IN IT.
      Last edited by jgr; 08-24-2010, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Following up. Today I did sucessfully trade from eSignal charts on the 64 bit platform. Yesterday, when using paper trade account, when I went to close a losing position, I sent the command from the TWS trader window and the entire TWS immediatly closed leaving me in the losing trade.

I now only trade from the eSignal platform and leave TWS alone. So far that has prevented a recurance.
        Last edited by jgr; 08-24-2010, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Hi,

I will forward your comments to my team.

Thanks,

Sham

Comment

Thanks for the post, we'll continue to test and if any new developments are discovered we'll post back.

Comment

Update to this. I have reinstalled plug in 2085 and also updated TWS to the latest 909.8 of October 12.

I still have the two problems (with papertrade account at TWS).

1. Can not close TWS unless eSignal is closed first. This is true for both 10.6 and 11.

2. When a trade is entered via attached order ticket in 10.6, the lines showing the price and status do not appear on the charts or on the Trade Manager.

I run Windows 7, 64 bit, Java 6/21 32 version, have dual ATI Radeon 4670 graphics cards (Diamond) and have 4 monitors connected.

I also run with user account control (UAC) enabled but both TWS and eSignal 10.6 and 11 run "as administrator." I log in as a standard user however.
              Last edited by jgr; 10-14-2010, 10:15 AM.

Comment

jgr,

Thank you for the post and the update, please see comments below.

1. Cannot close TWS unless eSignal is closed first. This is true for both 10.6 and 11.
                We're continuing to work on this issue. The connection is not releasing from TWS to allow it to close without first closing eSignal. We'll keep you abreast of the progress here.

2. When a trade is entered via attached order ticket in 10.6, the lines showing the price and status do not appear on the charts or on the Trade Manager.
                I think that if you remove the current IB Connection in the Plug in Configurator and recreate it you'll get your lines back on the charts.

Before removing the connection please disconnect the bridge from eSignal to TWS. (Trade-->Interactive Brokers-->Disconnect)

Delete/Create the new Connection

Once you've disconnected from IB Click Trade-->Configurator, highlight Interactive Broker and click the delete button. A confirmation dialog box will appear click yes to removing the connection.

Create the new connection by clicking New Select Interactive Broker from the Dropdown menu and completed the remaining wizard.

Once new Interactive Broker connection is configured you'll need to set it as the Default Broker again. (Trade -->Preferences)
                Highlight Interactive Broker and select make Default.

Once you have the indicator that you're connected the trades should show up on the charts.

Please let me know if this is or is not the case.

Comment

I just installed Java 6/22 (from 6/21). I was able to close TWS!!!!!

The Java upgrade to 22 made it possible close TWS with either 2085 or 1988 plugins.

However, the on screen trading indicators with order ticket anyway still do not work with 2085. So I went back to 1988.
                  Last edited by jgr; 10-14-2010, 03:48 PM.

Comment

jgr,

Have you tried recreating the Interactive Broker connection in the Plug in configurator to see if it brings back trade indicators?

Comment

I tried many things including uninstalling both TWS and eSignal. cleaning the registry, and reinstalling both as adminstrator. Another user reported the exact same thing with Windows 7, 64 bit. It also happens regardless whether the 64 bit Java (6/22) is installed or not.

However, not being able to close TWS with eSignal running was corrected by the update 22 to Java 6.

Comment

The Trade indicators not displaying we found to be a bug, the workaround until a new plug in can be created was to remove the Interactive Broker connection from the Plug- in Configurator and create a new.

By doing this it should recreate the symbol dictionary and allow the lines to again display

Comment

I finally got it to work on 64 bit with plug in 2085.

I removed in the configurator. Closed eSignal and killed the Daata Manager. Then I restarted eSginal, recreated the IB connection in the configurator. Still no lines etc.

Then I went to the Preferences under Trade tab and set IB as default. That made it work at least to display. I did not place an order from the panel yet.

Comment

jgr,

I apologize for the late response but I've very glad to hear that you were able to get the lines back on your charts. Please let us know if you run into any other issues.

Comment

Working...
                            X