IB Forex orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IB Forex orders

I am using the generic broker buyMarket and sellMarket calls for forex trading and have not been able to get it to work thru trial & error. Does anyone have any experience successfully using these functions for forex? What are the call parameters?

As an example; I want to buy $100000 of EUR.USD thru IDEALPRO, what is the call to accomplish that?

I really appreciate any pointer you can provide before I give up and move to another platform.

Thanks,
    \Hossein.

Are you getting any type of error message when you try and place the order, either from eSignal or TWS? You can also check the Message Tab in the Account Manager for any rejection or completed order messages.

Using a Generic MarketBuy EFS I was able to places an order for $10000 on the EUR.

Comment

Actually, I am getting a -1 from the call which I interpret as esignal rejecting the call and I am assuming the call is malformed.
      I think the problem has to do with the symbol as "6E #F" which is the chart symbol has to be translated to "EUR" + another parameter that indicates the pair or the base currency and I am not sure how to add that to the call?

Could you please list the efs statement you used to place the call?

Thanks so much for the quick response.

\Hossein.

Comment

I apoloigze I'm a bit confused, are you trading the Currency Futures or Currency Pairs? In your post you mention 6E #F which is the Euro Future.

In your symbols mapping can you tell me what you have mapped for the 6E #F?

Attached is are two example for the Euro: 1- Currency Future and 2- Currency Pairs.

Comment

Hello, Avery. Thanks again for the response.
          I used the futures to do the analysis but wanted to trade the pair! That is why I was attempting to manually map the symbol.
          I have moved to "EUR A0-FX" chart now and I use that data to generate signals and I can get to IB but on the order ticket I see exchange as IDEAL and not IDEALPRO as in the mapping table and the size is 1000 and not the 100000 I expected and this order is rejected because MARKET is not apparently valid in IDEAL.

Any idea why IDEALPRO is replaced by IDEAL and contract size changes in the call?

Thanks again.

Comment

OK, I found my problems.

The default route was set to SMART in the Order Defaults and that somehow routed to IDEAL overriding IDEALPRO.
            The size issue was in my code.

Avery, I really appreciate your quick and helpful responses.

Comment

Glad we could be of assistance, please let us know if you have any other questions

Comment

Working...
              X