Can't exit IB plug in w/o closing eSignal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't exit IB plug in w/o closing eSignal

I just installed the latest IB TWS update and IB plugin from eSignal. I was hoping that this would make it possible to exit IB without closing eSignal (to switch to paper trading and back etc.). But no luck. Same as before.

Running Windows 7, 64 bit, Java 6/21, IB TWS build 908.6, eSignal 2044 and the plug in (bridge) 2085.

jgr,

Is the type of account you have with Interactive Brokers an FA or Friends and Family account?

Comment

An individual account.

Comment

jgr,

Thanks for the information, we've did multiple trades through the day with different instruments and we were not been able to duplicate the orders remaining on the charts after the positions closed. Each order also appeared in the Trade Manager which activated the respective buttons on top.

Comment

Thanks, But that was not the complaint.

I can not CLOSE the TWS application without first closing eSignal. That is the problem in this post.

I have another post, that is far more serious, that has not been replied to which is that with the latest plug in, there are multiple failures in operation when placing trades from the charts, with the "Order Ticket" attached. I have called about this three times and not response.

Comment

Re: Can't exit IB plug in w/o closing eSignal

Originally posted by jgr
            I just installed the latest IB TWS update and IB plugin from eSignal. I was hoping that this would make it possible to exit IB without closing eSignal (to switch to paper trading and back etc.). But no luck. Same as before.

Running Windows 7, 64 bit, Java 6/21, IB TWS build 908.6, eSignal 2044 and the plug in (bridge) 2085.
            This Problem has been fixed with the latest release of IB TWS today 9/28/2010 but do use plugin 1988 as 2085 has more bugs than Vista !!
            Simon Allen

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I had to rebuild to do the proper testing.

If TWS is configured to use the eSignal Data Manager as the data source you are unable to close TWS without first closing eSignal and the Data Manager.

I have reported this to our Developers and Product Manager. We'll also be reaching out to Interactive Brokers to see if this is by design or a bug. Once we have more information we'll report back.

Comment

I don't use eSignal as data source (configuration there but not enabled). The reason is that is does not work in the 64 bit environment - per IB.

Comment

jgr,

I don't agree that it's a 64 bit issues. I'm run it on a Windows 7 64 bit system and still on a 64 bit Vista laptop at home. Other then a couple of configuration changes need to make it launch it works fine.

Interactive Brokers Support and I did some testing this morning as they were not fully aware of the issue either.

After our testing we've found that it's a combination of eSignal and the IB Bridge that will not allow the TWS to close. We're both reporting the issue to our appropriate parties and are waiting for answers.

AveryH
                  eSignal Support

Comment

the data feed to TWS just does not work. I spent many hours, complete uninstall of everything eSignal and IB with registery wipe. Followed all your guidelines, installed while logged in as adminstrator etc. Still no go. It can't find the right files.

I do run with UAC on and I will continue to do so. The applicaitons run as adminstrator, but I am logged in as a user.

However, that is not really important. I don't need it as I get all the data I need from IB included.

A far bigger issue is the fact that eSginal 10.6 chart updates run way behind during high tick rate times when prices are changing fast and that causes trade decision and execution problems. When I put in an order based on what is shown on the screen the curren actual price at the exchange can differ by a bunch. Sometimes these stocks move 1% in 2 minutes or so and if the chart is 20 seconds behind, you can see the isse.

That is why, I will have to see on screen trading in 11, with charts that stay current.
                    Last edited by jgr; 09-30-2010, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Interesting!
                      I just have the same problem. Have to exit eSignal 10.6 first before I can exit TWS.
                      All latest versions on Windows XP.

I have two windows open: TWS and a Time&Sales window.
                      When want to exit, then only the T&S window closes, but TWS keeps on running.

Weeks ago I contacted IB.
                      Customer service told me to create a 2nd folder named Jts2 and start TWS frome there.
                      First it was working okay again - or so I thought.
                      Now I got the issue again and contacted IB again yesterday.

Other than that I got no other problems, like lags or else.

I think it's a JAVA problem.
                      I have that issue since I updated Java. Also the logon window takes forever - up to 2 minutes - until it shows.

Comment

linus71,

Thanks for the post, this is an issue that we're aware of and we're working with our Developers and Interactive brokers to come up with a resolution. Once we have more information or resolution we'll post back here.

Comment

Yesterday I installed TWS 909.
                          Seems like it's working alright again.
                          I just made some hasty tests after market close. It seemed good.
                          So let's see if it keeps that way today and next days.

than,x
                          Linus

Comment

Linus,

Thank for the update, we'll keep our finger crossed that things stay the same.

Comment

Working...
                            X