X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IB Error with order size cannot be zero

hi,
    i was mucking around with the trade from chart in v10.6
    I have mapped the correct stocks from Esignal to IB.

However when submitting an order I get the error message - even though volumes, account names, codes etc; seem correct.

""failed to place order: the order size cannot be zero""

The order has appeared in the IB-TWS but it has no order to submit.
    Is there something simple I have missed?
    thanks.

Adina,

This error is generally seen when placing order with a zero in the Quantity field.

Comment

Hi Avery.... i figured this, but as was sending through a positive qty in the fields from Esignal, I could not work out why.....
      not to bother, as another isue i had was that my IB TWS kept flashing/updating when Esignal and the IB TWS were connected.
      So I have temporarily turned all of this off until I have a closer look at v11 when chart trading gets implemented it. Maybe then I will have time to look properly again.
      If you would like me to fire it up and look at it again, I will try once this current market volatility calms down a touch....just let me know.
      thanks.

Comment

The flashing/updating that I'm assuming you have a F/A or Friends account with Interactive Brokers. When you connect the plug in it causes the Portfolio to scroll through the accounts.

This is necessary for eSignal so that it continually get the correct portfolio information. There is a workaround you can do where you create a group in TWS and then associate that group with a new tab that you add.

It's a little more work and unlike the portfolio windows which automatically adds the symbol you trade, you would have to manually enter the symbols into this new tab.

Comment

genius....
          I do have a family and friends account, even though there is only one underlying account there.

I have formed a group and will give it another go today when the market opens.
          Its no problems regards building my own watch list as i do that any way...
          thanks.

On the order qty zero problem, I will see if i can replicate this again? Or see if it remains.

Comment

Working...
          X