Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal TWS monitor trades and create new orders

Hi
    I would like to write .efs that when an Order is filled in IB TWS (I have the plugin and my eSignal receives and shows filled trades on the eSignal 10.6.2224 charts) that can create two offsetting orders based on a risk amount.

Example if I enter a position in STX at $10 (this may be directly in TWS or via eSignal) with 1000 shares and a risk of $300 (the risk amount is fixed) I would like the .efs to auto send orders to IB TWS for

SELL STP Price $10 - 300/1000 = $9.70 and 3*Risk Target order
    SELL LMT Price 10 + 3*300/1000 = $10.90

with transmit set to false at TWS. This will allow me to OCA the orders in TWS

Can this be done any examples would be helpful. I have 10yrs Java prog exp so I should be able to work it out if u can give me a clue as to how to approach this.
    Simon Allen

Here's your problem. eSignal does not pass the order status and execution information that it receives up from the brokerage plugins through to the EFS level in the form of some API. They've promised to address this short-coming for over 2 years now.

When then? Dunno. But odds are it will happen in v11 and never make it into some v10.x maintenance release.

Comment

Working...
    X