EFS error and Symbol Dictionary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS error and Symbol Dictionary

I'm trying to create an button on the chart that will automatically buy @ market. I'm getting the following error:

buyMarket: symbol not in dictionary

The script executes properly if the symbol happens to be in the broker manager dictionary already.

I need to either populate the list automatically with all the symbols or I need it to behave the same as other new orders where it prompts to create a new symbol in the library.

I'd prefer to populate the list fully. Is there a way to do this?

Currently the only way to get all the symbols would be to manually add them each. The more popular symbol and most equities will automap but the more obsure and I would say all foreign exchange symbol will need to be done manually.

Comment

They aren't auto-mapping though. I'm getting an efs error when I click the button in the chart. If I right click and select new order then I will get the auto-map prompt but not when I try from the efs button.

I should also mention that this same script works without the error in 10.6.

Comment

as an alternate solution if I were to take the time to manually add a couple hundred symbols, is there a local file that stores this information? Could i then send this file to another computer so that it would already have the mapped symbols?

Comment

If the broker manager dictionary allows you to write to it via efs:

You could write a file (or just save the symbols in a txt file using notepad) and retrive them using the "File Object" to read and store the lines in an array.

See:
          http://kb.esignalcentral.com/display...81739616394043

Wayne
          Last edited by waynecd; 03-27-2011, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I apologize for the delay in responding, let me get more information from the Developers on where the symbols are stored for eSignal 11 and if there's a way to edit the file to prevent the error from occuring.,

Once I gotten more information I'll post back.

Avery

Comment

Just checking in to see if you were you able to get any information from the developers?

thanks

Comment

Symbol mapping dictionaries now are stored in Registry.
                HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Interactive Data\eSignal\11.2\Application\Trading\configuratio n

AveryH

Comment

Working...
                X