Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FXCM or GAIN - configuring eSignal Default problem. Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FXCM or GAIN - configuring eSignal Default problem. Help.

Hi, after installing FXCM plugins sucessfully, and trying GAIN as well, they dont show up in Trade>Preferences for me to make default.

In both cases, plugins installed fine, tested connections ok and I rebooted. Since they dont show up in Preferences, I go to the configurator, where they DO show up in pulldown, configure passwords AGAIN, and finish /close. But they never show up in the preferences.

Greg from eSignal tech support is supposedly looking into it.

PLEASE adive. Thanks. (running 10.6)
    dan

dtarrx,

You may just need to reboot the computer? Some of the plug ins require a reboot after they get installed so that the registry and files in uses can be updated.

AveryH

Comment

Thanks, rebooted several times afetr plugin install. It tells you to. But I dont believe that's it.

Originally posted by eSignal_AveryH
      dtarrx,

You may just need to reboot the computer? Some of the plug ins require a reboot after they get installed so that the registry and files in uses can be updated.

AveryH

Comment

Are there more current versions of the driver? Could it be a firewall issue? Some confirguration file or writing perms?
        thanks you for the help.

Comment

dtarrx,

I'm sorry, I just read the orginal post again, You said that the plug-ins show up in the dropdown list.

After you configured them and did the test connection they should show up in the configurator list of broker like in step 10(ten) of this KB Article.

Are you seeing GAIN CAPITAL and Forex.com in the broker list in the configurator?

Thanks

Comment

FXCM or GAIN - configuring eSignal Default problem. Help.

Yes, they are definetly in the configurator. So I can select them to configure them login/passwd. But when you leave configurator, they done show up to make default broker, nor are they set up in the configurator any longer. They are inthe list, I can set up login/passwd again, but same issue over again. ? Is it possible that ONOD32 is messing with the configuratpr as it appears as a standalone process in the ENOD list re: your ENOD recommendation article ? I'm really stuck!

Originally posted by eSignal_AveryH
            dtarrx,

I'm sorry, I just read the orginal post again, You said that the plug-ins show up in the dropdown list.

After you configured them and did the test connection they should show up in the configurator list of broker like in step 10(ten) of this KB Article.

Are you seeing GAIN CAPITAL and Forex.com in the broker list in the configurator?

Thanks

Comment

dtarrx,

What type of permissions does the user account you're using have for this machine? It sounds like it may not be a part of the Administrator group and do not have Write permission to update the configurator file with the new connection.

I would recommend calling in to support so that they can assist you with a Admin workaround or at least check the permissions of the account.

Avery

Comment

Working...
              X