feature requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feature requests

Hi, I'm paper trading crude oil QM M1 and the price ladder is in single ticks but the market trades in increments of 25. If you want to place an order on the ladder it literally takes forever to scroll to your price point.

Another feature I would like is an alert sound when my orders are filled. I've missed forgotten orders twice now as there is no way to set up this alert. It should a default setting whenever an order is filled.

Just a couple of suggestions that would really help.

thanks
    Eliminate Fear And Indecision In Your Trading =>
    http://www.eftfundstrategies.com

gellnsh

Thanks you for the post, I’ve forwarded your suggestion on to the Product Manager for review, To ensure and future suggestions go directly to our Product Managers and Developers we suggest using the Request a Feature link on the Support menu in eSignal 11 or send an email directly to [email protected]. When email please include a detailed description of the enhancement and any other information you feel might be needed.

The tick increment for the E-Mini Crude (QM) appears to be a bug. I've reported this to our QA department to further investigate.

AveryH

Comment

I used to send in suggestions until I figured out that I was participating in one-way conversations.

...and I have 25 years of software development experience.
      Last edited by SteveH; 05-15-2011, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH
        I used to send in suggestions until I figured out that I was participating in one-way conversations.

I'm sorry we left you with that impression. We do read and review every suggestion sent it but it's been a challenge to incorporate those ideas in the past few years while we took the code in a different direction. Our engineers and product people remain very keen to hear from users and to that end, when a user "makes a suggestion" from the 11.xx platform, the information goes directly into our Jira database for everyone to review.

Due to the volume of suggestions, it's also difficult to give specific feedback on each idea but we do try to at least respond that the idea has been received.

Hopefully, in the not very distant future, you feel differently about our feedback loop.

Thanks.

Comment

Sometime back I had reported the same problem when paper trading the NIFTY.The tick values were fixed at 0.01 when the actual tick value was 0.05. It made it very clumsy to use.

The reply I got was that modifications are possible at the broker level. This I thought was callous, especially in the context of Avery's reply saying that ""the tick increment for the E-Mini Crude (QM) appears to be a bug. I've reported this to our QA department to further investigate. "

If the tick values for the eMini Crude can be taken up, I do not see any reason why the same rectification cannot be done for the NIFTY too.

Originally posted by SteveH

Last edited by Jose5048; 06-08-2011, 04:43 AM.

Comment

gellnsh,

I apologize for the long delay and thank you for your patience. In the new version of eSignal 11.2 you will be able to adjust the tick increment for the different instruments.

For the E-Mini Crude (QA) I've attached a screenshot of how the increment can be setup to correct display the increments of 25.

Jose5048,

Looking that the NIFTY Future (NIFTY N!-NSF) in the Trade Manager of e11.2 it appears that the increment has been change to 05 as well. Please let me know if this is not the case for you or if I'm looking at the wrong symbol.

Once again I thank you for your patience and understanding while we worked to resolve this issue.

AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
            X