issues with IB - new position false notifications, account shifting in TWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issues with IB - new position false notifications, account shifting in TWS

IB keeps notifying me of existing positions in my IB account, at random times, as if they are just newly opened ones (i.e. default applause notification sound).

Also, I can't seem to keep TWS on a client account I've select in any TWS page, and it has something to do with eSignal being connected to TWS API. Can you guys confirm this? Also, is TWS not meant to be used at anytime while connected to eSignal?

I'm using 10.6, Windows 7 64-bit, with the latest TWS on the latest 64-bit JRE.

msua,

IB keeps notifying me of existing positions in my IB account, at random times, as if they are just newly opened ones (i.e. default applause notification sound).
    Generally this would be considered a connection issue with IB. When a connection is lost and then re-establishes it upates the Accouunt Manager with the positions you show in TWS. The notification window may be a little misleading. The Open Position entry indicates that in TWS you have an open position on the named symbol.

Also, I can't seem to keep TWS on a client account I've select in any TWS page, and it has something to do with eSignal being connected to TWS API. Can you guys confirm this? Also, is TWS not meant to be used at anytime while connected to eSignal?
    The scrolling of the accounts in TWS when connected to eSignal is something we're aware of. While eSignal is connected it is constantly polling TWS to make sure it has to most current information. With multiple accounts we have to go to each account individually to get this information. Each time it scrolls through the accounts it gathering the information.

AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
    X