Zenfire problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zenfire problem

Using V10.6, with Zenfire V2139, I set the trade defaults to 'Take profit & Stop loss', with a TP of 15, and a SL of 100. I then entered a short at market, however no defaults were placed.

An error in messages says'Buy Order Stop Price must be above last trade price'. My stop was set to 100.

The entry order shows as being filled, with a stop of 100, and a take profit of -14. My TP was set at 15.

I have screen shots of each of these messages, if someone can give me some instructions on attaching to my post.

Can someone from support please advise? Have searched for a Zenfire log file without success.

Mervk

Last edited by merkro; 05-23-2011, 12:31 AM.

I have tried this in V11 as well, with the same result. Only way I can test it is to enter a trade, then exit. It has cost me $112.50 in wasted trades so far, and will not do more until someone responds. Please.
    Attached Files

Comment

pic 2
      Attached Files

Comment

pic3
        Attached Files

Comment

More info. This problem occurs on the first trade, then the system works as designed. It's almost as if eSignal doesn't read the default values into memory until the first trade is executed, making it too late for that trade. Trading 6E M1 Euro, and stop should have been submitted at 1.3897, instead was submitted and rejected at 0.0100 - hope this helps.

Cheers

Comment

merkro,

Thanks for the information and the screenshots. From what I can see when you'rr placing the market order the API does not have a beginning price reference to calculate the Take Profit or Stop Lass at. This is why you're gettingthe -14 and the 100 respectively I'll do some testing and report back the finding.

AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

Thanks Avery. The screenshots were from V10.6. From what I've seen, the problem is with the first trade since firing up. Subsequent trades appear ok.

Cheers

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the Zenfire 2302 update. Is there any way to get it into V11 as well?

Cheers

Comment

Hi Avery, I had hoped the Zenfire update may have fixed this problem. It hasn't. What were the results of your test? And will it be fixed? It either costs me money in a dummy trade I have to make each day when I fire up, or it costs me money on a failed first trade if I don't take the dummy.

Anxiously awaiting a reply.

Cheers
                  Attached Files

Comment

Merkro,

Thanks for the screenshot however in the screenhot you'e using eSignal Paper Trading and not the Zen-Fire. Was that the intended?

The testing I've done here I'm unable to duplicate the behavior you're seeing with Zen Fire nor did can I see it with the eSignal Paper Trading.

The first set of test was done using the Trade Manager Buy Market button with no order defaults set. As soon as I selected the Take Profit/StopLoss the number populateed instantly.

The second set of test I set the Order Defaults to 10/20 for the SL/TP and using the Buy Market Button in the Trade Manager all order once again were set.

AveryH
                    eSignal Support

Comment

Avery, everyone in our trading room has this problem, and it happens in Zenfire as well, however costs me money in dud trades when I test live, hence the paper trade screen shot. Obviously Mirus track rejected orders received, as I was roused at midnight last night by a phone call from them asking how was I able to create them.

This is how you should conduct your test. Set up the defaults for TP/SL, and add an order ticket to the bottom of your chart. Then close down eSignal. Start esignal again, and buy at market on the order ticket. You'll notice that the order will open, then immediately close because of this problem.

It normally happens on the first order only, but last night happened on the second as well with the new version of Zenfire. I didn't bother taking a third. If you get out of sequence, then close eSignal and fire up again for a second test.

When entering a trade from within an EFS, it emulates the order ticket exactly, and if for any reason eSignal resets itself during the wee hours, the entire sequence starts again.

And the maintenance guys at Mirus will confirm it happens with Zenfire, saving me more dud live trades.

Please advise.

Cheers

Comment

How your placing your trades is helpful information, I'll do more testing in the morning using your method.

I'll let you know the outcome.

AveryH

Comment

Avery, I believe I have now established the sequence. While duplicating your test procedure, it became obvious that you had a Trade Manager loaded, and I didn't. It appears that when the Trade Manager is loaded on to a page, it populates the fields, and because I prefer the chart order ticket (less real estate used), I do not use the Trade Manager. Testing reveals the problem appears if there is no Trade Manager on the page when eSignal is first invoked. If there is a Trade Manager loaded prior to first trade, then there is no problem. And this probably explains why you have not been able to replicate it.

So, close your trade Manager, close eSignal, load eSignal again, and without a Trade Manager, place an order from the order ticket on the chart. I'm sure you will then be able to see the problem.

I now have a short term fix - I'll leave the Trade Manager in the background. I look forward to confirmation you can now duplicate this problem.

Cheers

Edit: A fine point - not only must the Trade Manager be loaded, it must also be set at the instrument you are trading to prevent the dud trade.

It is important in testing that the test trade is the first since firing up eSignal.
                          Last edited by merkro; 05-26-2011, 05:27 PM.

Comment

merko,

Good News!!! We've duplicated the issue reported below and are working on a resolution that should come out with the next plug in release.

Please continue to use the workaround until we can get a new plug in out to you.

Thanks for your help.

AveryH
                            eSignal Forum Support

Comment

Working...
                            X