Platform updates for CME traders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Platform updates for CME traders

Received a message from Mirus Futures saying all CME traders must update their platform between June 3rd. and June 9th. at the request of the exchange, or be prevented from accessing CME products. Says it's due to "Fix updates at the CME".

Does this affect eSignal or Zenfire users? Mirus indicate yes. Anyone aware of this?

At first I was suspicious this message may be a scam, but if so, then it is very professional. Apart from the unlikelyhood of all platforms needing updating at such short notice, I can't pick a flaw in the message.

Any comments?

Cheers

An email to my account manager at Mirus generated the following...

This is real and not a scam. All clients need to complete the necessary update to continue trading. If you have any issues please let me know and I can have our technical staff assist you.

Surprised no one at eSignal has responded. Guess I'll seek help at Mirus.

Comment

We're in the process of updating the Zen-Fire plug in that will address the new requirements put out by the CME.

Until the new plug-in becomes available please continue using the current Zen-Fire plug-in for your version of eSignal (see below).

eSignal 10.6 --- 1.2.2302 available on the eSignal Trading Partners Page

eSignal 11 --- 2.1.2301 Pre-installed with eSignal 11

Your continued support and patience is always appreciated.

Thank you,
      AveryH
      eSignal Support

Comment

Ok, seems to be a bit of confusion here. Mirus support are telling me I must install Zenfire V1.3.993.600, a number somewhat higher then that listed current for V10.6

I am hesitant to install this version, as after a couple of years trying, I have only just got Zenfire working correctly with a work-a-round. My only concern is today is June 9th., the deadline to update, before I have to go through a bit of toing and froing to get my account reinstated.

Avery, hope your new version is very close.

Cheers.
        Attached Files

Comment

That version of the plug in seems pretty old... Our understanding that as long as you're using the most current version there would be no disruption of service.

AveryH
          eSignal Support

Comment

Then I shall take your advice and ignore Mirus's directive. I have traded beyond the deadline, and have not been locked out. Am curious though how a version # of 1.2.xxx can be more recent than another of 1.3.xxx? Do you maintain different versions?

This would be good info for me for the future, to decide whether or not to action any other non-eSignal requests I get to upgrade the Zenfire plugin.

Cheers

Comment

My apologies, I interpreted the 1.3 as 1.2 and though we do maintain multiple versions of our plug-ins 1.3 would not be one of them.

Comment

Working...
              X