OCO on IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCO on IB

Maybe I missed a setting somewhere... Is there a way to set eSignal to send the Profit Taking/Stop Loss (OCO) information to the Interactive Brokers servers?

I noticed after a system restart that while the original order was still on IB the OCO information was not. It was also missing on eSignal when it was restarted.

Thanks,

JT

Hello,

that's the problem, in fact. You're not missing anything. As far as I'm aware, eS do NOT send a true OCO. It sends separate orders. VERY dangerous (esp. if you use STOPS), one order is completely independent from the other one! Your other limit orders reside in eSignal.

That's why I stopped using chart trading. My trading style allows me to enter my orders in TWS, using ScaleTader or OCA (One Cancel All…)

FYI: Unfortunately, TWS do NOT include, as yet, a way to scale out at different target prices. Scaling out only permitted through "increment". A bit annoying if you want to target prices that are not evenly spaced from one another!

As a result, may I ask you to VOTE for this one, please: http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en...l.php?sid=6757

Good trading!

Comment

Working...
    X