IB Dictionary not saving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IB Dictionary not saving

I'm fairly new to eSignal and am using 11.2 (64-bit) with IB.

After starting up TWS I start eSignal, once the connection to be made to IB all the items in the Dictionary appear red then slowly resolve in alphabetic order - after a while it stops resolving and I have to click each one, click resolve then accept. This is a big problem during the trading day if the connection is lost as it can take a long time to get back up and running.

I reported this to support and was shocked to be told that this component has not been tested in the 64-bit edition so they couldn't help me!

Anyone got any clues how to resolve this?

SGodfrey,

About how many symbols do you have in your dictionary? Also are they for any overseas exchanges such as Australia, London, or Asian markets?
    I've tested this with about 20 or so and only see issues where some of my old Futures contracts have expired. Other than that I've experience no other issues.

I'll continue testing with an increased number of symbol as well as some overseas instruments and see if I can duplicate what you've reported.

I'll post back once complete.

Thanks for your patiences.
    AveryH
    eSignal Support

Comment

I only have US equities and ETFs - about 300. I have attached a screen shot of what I see.
      Attached Files

Comment

SGodfrey,

Thanks for the additional information. After added more symbols into the dirctionary I was able to duplicate what you're reporting.

I've forward our finding on to our Integrated Trading Developement Team to find out if there's a symbol limiation that we might be unaware of and to further investigate and resolve.

Once we have more information we'll report back.

AveryH
        eSignal Support

Comment

Any update to this significant issue and an ETA on a fix?

Comment

SGodfrey,

The eSignal Maintenance Release fixes the issue where TWS stopped resolving symbol on large symbol list. Please download the new version and confirm it works for you as well.

AveryH
            eSignal Support

Comment

Yes this fixed the exsisting issue but introduced a new one. Now when I add a new item to the dictionary I can't use the chart trading feature until I restart esignal. I can trade by using the trade menu item and entering the symbol then trade but that's not ideal.

Comment

SGodfrey,

Thank for the post, I haven't had the chance to fully investigate what you're reporting, but I don't recall see it when doing the testing prior to the release of the new plug-in.

How are you adding the symbols to the dictionary? via Trade Manager or charts?

Thanks

AveryH
                eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                X